- Very Good
- 46 guest reviews
"My first impression was to turn around and look for another hotel. The car park was full and chaotic. The hotel is obviously having building..."
"Striking hotel, room was spacious with a large comfortable bed, unfortunately the food was a great disappointment, having paid a supplement..."
"Don't like the £8 per night car park charge. Lovely hotel with good friendly staff...."
"The location of the hotel was excellent but the quality of our room was poor. We were put into room 116 at the end of a corridor that had a..."
"The accommodation was as expected for an old, grand building - modernised as possible but with elements of its former grandeur visible. Howe..."
About the hotel
An impressive 19th Century Victorian hotel set in 12 acres of award-winning landscaped gardens yet nestled in the centre of Harrogate spa town. Located adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre and 10 minutes walk from the famous Betty's Tea Rooms. The hotel is easily accessible by road via the A61 and Harrogate Rail Station is just 10 minutes walk, with the nearest airport being Leeds Bradford.
The Majestic has 170 non-smoking, spacious en suite rooms including some premium rooms which are available at a supplement. Many have lovely views over the gardens and town. The Restaurant offers a choice of excellent cuisine and wines to match. Alternatively you can choose to have a drink and a light meal in the Regency Bar. The hotel has an excellent health and leisure club that includes a fully air-conditioned gym, swimming pool, spa, sauna, solarium, Elemis beauty salon and nail bar. Relax or energise your stay, you choose. All rooms and public areas have Wi-Fi internet access. Car parking is available at the hotel at a concessionary charge for hotel residents. Early or late check-ins are available on request for a supplement - contact the hotel reservations team direct for details.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi , Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 16/02/2016 to 31/12/2020 - Parking charges apply at £8.00 per 24 hours The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
72% would recommend it to a friend
Old charm very old.
My first impression was to turn around and look for another hotel.
The car park was full and chaotic. The hotel is obviously having building works done (I wasn't aware of this before I booked), so the are workmen, forklifts, lorry's etc working as you try and enter the car park. They do not move out of your way. There were no free spaces in the car park, and it is not free parking on the road. The main reason I booked this hotel was for the parking facility. I found a space on the road, though this was time limited. On entry to the Reception, there was a queue of 5 or 6 in front of me, with only one member of staff. The atmosphere seemed a little tense, as though people had been waiting for a while. Luckily as the queue went down a second member of staff came on to Reception and she dealt with me. I asked about parking. She looked at CCTV and said there was one available space. I pointed out that I was alone and by the time I got my car, the space may be taken. She very kindly asked a porter to go and save me the space. Very grateful. The hotel staff were all helpful and polite. The hotel itself. The bar area had a damp old smell to it. In the foyer there was a huge display of lily's. It looked beautiful, but the perfume was very over powering (giving me a headache). As the flowers were in a stairwell, the perfume reached my room. My room was very large and clean, but there was an 'old fusty' air to it. I enjoyed my breakfast, though there were complaints among the guests about the toast machine. I expected my visit would be in a grand old hotel, but came away feeling that maybe it is just an old hotel.
Majestic Hotel - The Hotel Collection
Striking hotel, room was spacious with a large comfortable bed, unfortunately the food was a great disappointment, having paid a supplement for the main course, we were served lukewarm bland food with what tasted like packet sauce.
Breakfast was equally tasteless ( though a good fresh fruit salad). Staff were friendly and capable.