- 61 guest reviews
"Looks good as a hotel, but once out of the areas that are public areas, the Bedrooms are tired, My room had peeling paper on the ceiling. Th..."
"A beautiful hotel in the centre of Buxton. Staff were amazing and everything is walking distance. The room was a little small and I am not a..."
"Quality, glamour, peace and scale - the suite we stayed in was wonderful - more like an apartment than a hotel suite. Stunning views across..."
"Most memrible time...felt like we went back in time ....."
"The front of house staff were very accomodating and helpful when a few issues arose. They did everything they could under the circumstances,..."
About the hotel
The spa town of Buxton is in the heart of the Peak District, one of Britain's most beautiful national parks. Famed for the healthy properties of its mineral water, the area offers stunning scenery with dramatic cliffs, waterfalls and caves. The hotel is renowned locally and nationally for its standards of customer service, cuisine and accommodation.
The beautiful Victorian architecture is matched by richly decorated rooms, and the hotel successfully combines traditional heritage with state-of-the-art facilities. It is the perfect base to visit the Peak District whatever the nature of your stay. All 122 bedrooms including 4 suites are very well furnished and equipped to the standard you would expect from a 4 star hotel. Most rooms have wonderful views over the town of Buxton and gardens. The hotel has excellent leisure facilities that include a 14-metre swimming pool. Perfect for relaxing or energising your stay. The Dovedale Restaurant offers excellent cuisine and fine wines in a relaxed and peaceful environment.
Showing Thursday 2 April 2015 to Friday 3 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
59% would recommend it to a friend
Looks good on the outside
Looks good as a hotel, but once out of the areas that are public areas, the Bedrooms are tired, My room had peeling paper on the ceiling.
The beds were not comfortable at all, there was a draught from the badly closing windows. There was no power socket near the bed to charge you phone
The bathroom was tired and needed a refit,
The shower would be good if you were 5ft something but as a 6ft3 man it was no where near adequate. The hot water ran out after about 4 minutes. The breakfast was brilliant, the staff were attentive and polite. This hotel just needs some investment to be honest
This once top end hotel is now only a shadow of what it once was.
Upon arrival you are greeted by a barrier to the car park - for which you pay the privilege of PAYING £4.50 per night - with signs everywhere telling you that for that price they accept no liability. Check in is 3pm with a 1pm check-in an additional £10 - and a 11am check-in an additional £20. Money making at its best. Our room, 323, was on the 3rd floor (top) and very tired indeed. The bathroom was a long corridor obviously added when en-suite became the norm. The room however was warm and the bed comfortable. There was no water to the sink at any time and the shower was erratic. The only lift took forever to arrive each time so we used the stairs to descend. the price of drinks was astounding at £44 for 4 nightcaps. The saving grace was the excellent breakfast - at an additional £12 - on top of the £119 for the double room. This hotel needs investment to justify the prices - or accept its place as a standard 3*