- Very Good
- 19 guest reviews
"Over all had a very lovely stay. We had the four poster bed and spa bath room. Staff were brilliant, very freindly and helpful. Breakfast wa..."
"having read some of the reviews i was a little concerned but came with an open mind. Check in was friendly and quick. Room was excellent qua..."
"Very clean hotel with good service from everybody. Not in the centre of town but about a mile away. Good size rooms and nice sized bathroom...."
"Every where was very creaky - even in the bedroom every where you walked it creaked. The hotel was lovely though apart from the creaky part...."
"Absolutely fantastic, especially with the free upgrade because it was quiet!..."
About the hotel
The oldest Hotel in England’s oldest recorded town. The BEST WESTERN Rose and Crown Hotel, originally a 14th century posting house, lovingly restored to a modern day hotel. Twelve Superior rooms renovated October 2013 with, Eco LED Lighting, Superior Soft Furnishings and beverages, including mineral water and hot chocolate, Contemporary art work, Safes, I Pod docking station and Ultra modern bathrooms with rainfall shower, no touch mirror lighting giving a very clean & crisp look.
Alternatively, choose from the historic oak beamed rooms in the original house, or the more contemporary rooms in the Executive building. Free Wifi throughout the hotel. The Tudor Bar Brasserie offers a wide selection of dishes from pub classics to contemporary fair and for those cold winter nights a real log fire to welcome you to enjoy a real ale or fine wine. The hotel is within walking distance of Colchester Town centre (15 minutes) and accessible to all the historic sights of East Anglia. The BEST WESTERN Rose & Crown in Colchester was awarded Best Business Tourism Initiative for Essex.
Showing Wednesday 14 October 2015 to Thursday 15 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 20/02/2013 to 31/12/2022 - *Please note that the rooms in the main building have beams and low ceilings, as this is a period property. Guests can contact the hotel if this is a problem and rooms can be allocated accordingly.* The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
68% would recommend it to a friend
Beautiful place, overpriced breakfast
Over all had a very lovely stay.
We had the four poster bed and spa bath room. Staff were brilliant, very freindly and helpful. Breakfast was over priced, a standard fry up being nearly 12 pounds. If visiting again I would ask for a room at the back of the hotel as all night all you can hear is lorrys on the busy road. But I would definitely stay again as was pleased with customer service and it's not far from the town.
having read some of the reviews i was a little concerned but came with an open mind.
Check in was friendly and quick. Room was excellent quality, comfy bed and a newly refurbed bathroom . I eat in the bar in the evening, service was good and attentive, and the food was of a good standard presented well and very tasty. And to the people who moaned that every thing creaked, well I am 55 and I creak this building is many years older so expect creaking floors and doors and low ceilings etc its all part of a very very old building.