- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"Friendly and helpful receptionist. Enjoyed bar meal of fish and chips with 15% off for early bird.Lovely fireside lounges to relax in. The b..."
"Wonderful hotel - not stayed here for 40 years - No cracks or wrinkles in all those years. Very nice nothing to fault - definitely on agenda..."
"Everything about the MacDonald swan hotel Ambleside was excellent, except the bar Bill! the Walkers Bar was closed due to refurbishment, we..."
"In the restaurant both breakfast & dinner were first class, compliments to a very good chef the staff were very busy and provided a good ser..."
"Location of The Swan is superb, giving easy access to Grasmere, Windermere, Ambleside & Bowness and on main route up to Keswick, so perfect..."
About the hotel
Built in 1650 as a coaching inn, and referred to in Wordsworth's poem 'The Waggoner', the Swan Hotel is one of the oldest hotels in the Lake District. Nestled in the Cumbrian countryside, with views across the Fells and access to several challenging trails, this cosy and inviting hotel is ideal for walkers and cyclists. With open sunny vistas in summer and blazing log fires in winter, The Swan is the ideal base for exploring the wonders of the Lake District.
Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms.
Showing Wednesday 1 April 2015 to Thursday 2 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 22/10/2015 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The LateRooms.com rates for Macdonald Swan Hotel in Ambleside are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Beautiful view from our room
Friendly and helpful receptionist.
Enjoyed bar meal of fish and chips with 15% off for early bird.Lovely fireside lounges to relax in. The bedroom had 2 small armchairs and a coffee table so we could sit with our tea and take in the stunning view. A very large comfy bed and cosy room added to our very pleasant stay in this quaint old hotel.
Wonderful hotel - not stayed here for 40 years - No cracks or wrinkles in all those years.
Very nice nothing to fault - definitely on agenda again - no waiting another 40 years!!