- Very Good
- 55 guest reviews
"It was the second time we have stayed here and it was everything we could have wanted, even down to little extra touches like the young pian..."
"Right in the centre of bowness..."
"Expensive and poor evening meal..."
"The hotel was very nice overlooking Lake Windermere but the pool facilities are not great and there was the added expense for parking (£10 a..."
"Fantastic upgrade on arrival really comfy bed great location and good quality food very helpful professional staff..."
About the hotel
On the shores of England’s largest lake, the Old England occupies an unrivalled location on the shores of Lake Windermere with stunning views to the fells beyond. Just a 20-minute walk away from Windermere centre.
All rooms have a flat-screen TV and tea & coffee making facilities with water.
The bathrooms offer fluffy robes and toiletries.
The hotel is ideal for access to the lake itself as well as its many unique shops and visitor attractions. Enjoy a drink in the bar and then dinner in the Rosette awarded restaurant, which provides panoramic views of the lake as well as fine cuisine.
Our hotel is perfect for country adventures and glorious scenery. Once you've finished exploring, we recommend a visit to our spa and thermal suite for a relaxing steam before you dine in our award-winning Restaurant.
The Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is delighted to provide our guests with a full valet parking service, charged at £5 for a day visit (less than five hours) or £10 for an overnight stay. Pre-booking is advisable, particularly for weekend stays.
A £400k investment in Boardrooms, Bar, Lounge and Public Areas is now complete. FREE WIFI Nearest transport links: Road: A591 Motorway. Rail: Windermere Station. Air: Manchester Airport.
Showing Tuesday 24 May 2016 to Wednesday 25 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/03/2011 to 31/12/2016 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
It was the second time we have stayed here and it was everything we could have wanted, even down to little extra touches like the young pianist on the Saturday evening, he played all night and was really talented.
We really enjoyed his playing. The valet parking is excellent & I particularly enjoyed the quality and variety of choice of the continental breakfast as I personally don't favor a cooked breakfast, which was also available.
Right in the centre of bowness