- Very Good
- 47 guest reviews
"We stayed at the Macdonald Alverston in Stratford upon Avon for 3 nights. This hotel is in a great location about a 5 minute walk to the cen..."
"Very friendly clear hotel next time will use the spa...."
"After booking with laterooms and agreeing a price for 1 night. I didn't receive a confirmation email so i called the hotel the night before..."
"We recently stayed for one night here. We booked a double room with breakfast and also took advantage of the spa facilities and also booked..."
"Staff were very welcoming upon arrival and throughout the stay. Felt quite homely and not like other big hotels where you are just a room nu..."
About the hotel
The Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel and Spa, with its beautiful gardens, is just a short walk from the centre of Stratford and the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. Many public areas of the hotel are located in the Manor House, parts of which date back to the 16th century. The attraction of the Alveston Manor hotel is enhanced by its extensive Tudor panelling, leaded lights and Elizabethan staircase.
It also boasts a vaulted cellar, which leads to a mysterious underground passage once used by monks from Worcester. Bedrooms are located in a modern wing, which adjoins the Manor House and offer all the modern comforts such as Air Cooling, flat screen televisions with freeview channels Should you wish to upgrade your accommodation, there is also a selection of feature rooms and suites in the old part of the Hotel many of which offer old beamed ceilings and Half Tester or Four Poster Beds. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms. The AA Rosette award-winning Manor Restaurant pays homage to dishes with a modern French influence, and is the perfect way to end a day of sightseeing or business. Many theatre loving guests like to enjoy a starter and main course before departing for the theatre, later returning to the hotel for a dessert. Enjoy our superb leisure facilities at Vital Health & Wellbeing. In addition to an 18 metre swimming pool, there is also a well equipped Techno Gym, Sauna and Steam Room. Should you prefer to pamper yourself there is also a range of treatments available at Vital Beauty (charges for treatments are applicable)
Showing Sunday 30 August 2015 to Monday 31 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
We stayed at the Macdonald Alverston in Stratford upon Avon for 3 nights.
This hotel is in a great location about a 5 minute walk to the centre. We only ate in the hotel one night, my husband had the ribeye steak and was very disappointed with the thickness, it was more like a "minute steak". The breakfast was very nice although one morning we had to wait nearly an hour for porridge and scrambled egg on toast. The room is one of the noisiest we have ever stayed in with creeky floorboards and very thin walls. This was our first stay at a Macdonald hotel and we were a bit disappointed but will probably try another Macdonald as the reviews in general are very good.