- Very Good
- 44 guest reviews
"We all enjoyed our 2 night stay very much. The hotel was very interesting with all the corridors and rooms with being old quirky. The restau..."
"Excellent, fantastic location to visit historical areas...."
"Very nice historical hotel. Room we were given was a long way from civilization. Nice room but very small for a posh hotel...."
"The hotel itself was lovely, a very comfortable and clean room, spa facilities were amazing and the food was lovely. However, our stay was l..."
"This hotel has a helpful, friendly and smiley staff. They appeared to be well organised and well trained. The reception ladies were knowledg..."
About the hotel
The Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel and Spa, with its beautiful gardens, is just a short walk from the centre of Stratford and the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. Many public areas of the hotel are located in the Manor House, parts of which date back to the 16th century. The attraction of the Alveston Manor hotel is enhanced by its extensive Tudor panelling, leaded lights and Elizabethan staircase.
It also boasts a vaulted cellar, which leads to a mysterious underground passage once used by monks from Worcester. Bedrooms are located in a modern wing, which adjoins the Manor House and offer all the modern comforts such as Air Cooling, flat screen televisions with freeview channels Should you wish to upgrade your accommodation, there is also a selection of feature rooms and suites in the old part of the Hotel many of which offer old beamed ceilings and Half Tester or Four Poster Beds. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms. The AA Rosette award-winning Manor Restaurant pays homage to dishes with a modern French influence, and is the perfect way to end a day of sightseeing or business. Many theatre loving guests like to enjoy a starter and main course before departing for the theatre, later returning to the hotel for a dessert. Enjoy our superb leisure facilities at Vital Health & Wellbeing. In addition to an 18 metre swimming pool, there is also a well equipped Techno Gym, Sauna and Steam Room. Should you prefer to pamper yourself there is also a range of treatments available at Vital Beauty (charges for treatments are applicable)
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Mountain Bike Hire
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
70% would recommend it to a friend
Alveston Manor stay
We all enjoyed our 2 night stay very much.
The hotel was very interesting with all the corridors and rooms with being old quirky. The restaurant was good, it was busy each evening but the food was very good and presented well. Also breakfast and lunch were good and we enjoyed sitting outside.
Things that go bump in the night...
Receptionist lovely, very friendly and an excellent location, unfortunately these are the most positive things I can say about this hotel.
Something, presumably the aircon system /plumbing made a regular, intrusive knocking/banging noise. At 2.30 am after 3 hours of trying to tune out this noise and fall asleep I went to reception to ask to change room. Staffed by a man who apparently had no power to effect this request and had to summon a colleague who took a long time to appear. He made good use of the time spent waiting for his colleague to arrive by choosing to argue with me about the noise, telling me room number 58 'was one of the quietest in the hotel' before himself disappearing without explanation. Second man finally arrived and begrudgingly moved me to a new room, which was quiet. I realise people are not at their best in the early hours but I thought this was poor customer service.
Not much peace in the morning either as the hotel has taken care to install the heaviest bedroom doors it could find, which are almost impossible to close without slamming, ensuring a cacophony echoing up and down the interminably long corridors from 06:30 onwards. Breakfast good, and restaurant staff very polite and helpful. For over £100 a night, for a single room I expected a little more luxury,