- Very Good
- 32 guest reviews
"Convenient for many places around. Rather large..."
"On arrival we enquired about a room upgrade, having previously been offered one from the hotel via email. The girl on the desk gave us two o..."
"Really good, pity about the motorway noise...."
"The walls were a little thin in the rooms, as heard people having sex in the room next door...."
"No Air Con for £100 a night room, plus heating would not turn off!! Ask for double bed and got twin bed..."
About the hotel
Set in 20 acres of beautiful, landscaped grounds, Cranage Hall is an extremely convenient overnight stay for business travellers and a lovely retreat for couples and families at the weekend. . A good, central location in the North West of England, within seconds you can be on your way to Chester, Manchester and the Peak District and it’s a great base to explore this entire region.
Cranage Hall has rooms ranging from standard twin or double rooms to executive or family rooms, each room offers en-suite facilties, free wi-fi, a TV and tea and coffee making facilities. The restaurant serves a varied and locally sourced menu, and the games bar has satellite TV. Tatton Park, Old Hall and Gardens are within easy reach and after a busy day, there’s a comfortable bed, an inviting indoor swimming pool, a sauna, a spa pool (for childrens swim times please contact hotel directly), a fully-equipped gym, tennis courts and acres of grounds back at Cranage Hall plus complimentary on-site parking
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Tennis Courts , Table Tennis , Snooker/Billiards , Games Console , [Channels] News
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
69% would recommend it to a friend
Convenient for many places around.
Nice room but dated bathroom
On arrival we enquired about a room upgrade, having previously been offered one from the hotel via email.
The girl on the desk gave us two options, and when we asked what the difference was between the rooms (aside from the price), she didn't know, which wasn't a great start. Surely front of house staff should know exactly what rooms they have and the differences between them. We took the upgrade to a superior room for an extra £15. The rooms in this hotel are in an annex to the main building and it's quite a long walk from reception. Our room though was large, with a four poster bed and a sofa. We also had a fridge, but that only had 2 bottles of water in it. The room itself was nicely decorated however the bathroom was very old fashioned and was in need of a refurb. The shower was like something out of the early 90's and had no markings as they had all faded off, so it was guess work to get the thing working. There didn't seem to be any extraction fan either, so the room got very steamed up, and neither mirror was heated so was initially unusable after getting out of the shower, until you had opened the door to let the steam out, then wiped the mirror with a towel. Very poor for a hotel of this class/quality.
We used the well equipped leisure facilities on the first night, which was a nice bonus, and also had a light bite to eat in the bar later. The bar food was lovely considering the main restaurant had just closed for the evening.
It was overall a nice hotel, just let down by poor service at reception (who I forgot to mention, also refused to phone and book us a taxi to a wedding we were attending - they said there was a festival nearby so they couldn't do it, and just gave me a list of taxi numbers to call myself, and surprisingly the first number I called had a taxi at the hotel within 15mins) and also the outdated bathrooms.