- 31 guest reviews
"Very much a corporate hotel with a huge modern addition that dwarfs the original building. The rooms appear to have poor views due to their..."
"Although generally clean and well presented, hotel has a slightly outdated feel - even more so when entering the room. Again, clean, but wor..."
"Bland and needs an update...."
"Good hotel but heavy traffic from their getting into Stratford..."
About the hotel
Ettington Chase is located only 6 miles from Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare’s birthplace and is set in 11 acres of landscaped grounds. We are a 10 minute drive from all the attractions Stratford-upon-Avon offers including the Shakespeare experience, Anne Hathaway's cottage and the RSC. Ideal for business or leisure our guests enjoy complimentary use of our leisure club including an indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and air-conditioned gym.
We also offer free car parking and complimentary WI FI access. The stylish bedrooms feature modern oak furniture, a flat-screen TV with freeview channels, and a work desk all with en suite bathrooms with both a bath and shower. Leisure facilities at Ettington Chase include outdoor tennis courts, and guests can enjoy jogging trails and scenic walks in the grounds. The Tempus Bar & Restaurant features seasonal menus made from local produce and room service is available. Please note our standard bedrooms are not located in the Manor house wing of the hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Wake Up Call Available, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Tennis Courts, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 14 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
61% would recommend it to a friend
Very much a corporate hotel with a huge modern addition that dwarfs the original building.
The rooms appear to have poor views due to their orientation although they are well designed and ours was beautifully prepared. We slept well and had the pool etc to ourselves in the morning. Breakfast was as expected for a buffet with plenty of variety. The staff were helpful and friendly the exception being the lady who answered the phone during our check in and who passed us over to her colleague with the process having to begin again...poor customer service.
Ettington Chase represented good value, the location is convenient for Stratford and for exploring the Cotswolds. The surroundings are lovely but it's a shame you can't see them from the rooms.
Our 2 night stay was supposed to be relaxing treat for our 4th anniversary.
This unfortunately didn't happen. The cleanliness of our room was disgraceful. Dust everywhere.... Skirting boards, mirror, bed, trouser press, plug sockets. Daddy long legs and cobwebs in bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom was dire and in desperate need for a makeover. The grouting around the wall and floor tiles needs urgent attention. We were woken both mornings before 7am by lorries reversing and delivering. Rooms also require curtains as the blinds on the window do not keep out daylight.
On a positive, the hotel is lovely and the staff very attentive and friendly.