- Very Good
- 134 guest reviews
"Handy hotel for bars, pubs, restaurants in Kelham Island district of Sheffield...."
"The hotel was generally ok and only 10 minutes walk from the city centre/kelham island. The only negatives were that the bar closes at 12.30..."
"Hotel was lovely and staff very friendly I'd booked this for a group of friends. The only drawback for me was after booking several rooms (4..."
"Near the town centre. Clean and tidy. Good value at the time as there was a conference in town and almost everywhere wells was fully booked!..."
"V impressed with the room given how little I'd paid. Was really good value, ideal for my stay - was up for one night to go to a friend's wed..."
About the hotel
The Sheffield Metropolitan Hotel is ideally located in the Quay-Side district, just 5 minutes’ walk from Sheffield Train Station and city centre. Only 15 minutes from the Peak District National Park and a short walk to top attractions such as the award-winning Millennium Gallery, the Winter Gardens, Kelham Island Industrial Museum, Sheffield City Hall & Ponds Forge. Sheffield Motorpoint Arena is only a short tram or taxi ride away from the hotel.
The Sheffield Metropolitan is the perfect base for business or leisure guests eager to explore Sheffield. Offering 111 comfortable guest rooms equipped with complimentary WIFI, complimentary toiletries, cable TV, and room service. In just 20 minutes you can be in the most beautiful National Park in the UK - The Peak District, walking, cycling, sightseeing, drinking coffee and eating cake are all popular pastimes here and no trip to 'The Peaks' would be complete without a trip to Chatsworth House, please ask at reception to buy discounted entry tickets to Chatsworth House & Gardens. The Tour de France was a phenomenal success in Yorkshire with Stage 2 finishing very close to the hotel, if you are a keen cyclist and would like to follow the routes of the iconic figures in World Cycling, why not come and stay and do Stage 1 & 2. You can even store your bike here at the hotel, and we will provide you with maps & a list of the best cafes! Guests can also enjoy a delicious Brasserie-style and Specials menu in the restaurant Picasso. Monday to Thursday evenings until 21:00. Friday to Sunday evenings fresh homemade Panini’s are served in the bar area. A hearty buffet breakfast is available as well as an express breakfast for guests on the run. For those who wish to relax in their room, Picasso's serves a great room service menu, delivered to you in insulated takeaway boxes and bag, dishes include homemade lasagne, chicken stir fry, Caesar Salad and to follow our yummy chocolate brownies. . . if the staff have not eaten all of them! Limited Car Parking is available at the hotel (fees apply) or just 150 metres from the hotel is the Castlegate Q Park which is £5. 50 per 24 hours.
Showing Sunday 4 October 2015 to Monday 5 October 2015Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 16/07/2014 to 31/12/2020 - Please note: The Restaurant does not serve food Friday to Sunday from 12:00. Freshly made Paninis are available throughout this time. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
81% would recommend it to a friend
Great for a city break
Handy hotel for bars, pubs, restaurants in Kelham Island district of Sheffield.
Non smoking room??
The hotel was generally ok and only 10 minutes walk from the city centre/kelham island.
The only negatives were that the bar closes at 12.30am and they switch the coffee machine off at 9pm - this makes no sense. Also, we were in a Non smoking room (as requested) but unfortunately the bathroom stank of stale smoke. I reported this to reception on departure and she promised to let housekeeping know. This wasn't pleasant as a couple of non smokers. Other than that, the room was ok, clean but the TV was in an odd position to the bed. I would stay there again.