- 33 guest reviews
"This place is a little gem. From the very warm welcome when we arrived through to the sincere cheerio when we left I cannot fault it. Excell..."
"Stayed two nights in July and loved it. Great food (in particular the calamari) and very friendly, chatty owners. Lively in the evenings wit..."
"Lovely bed and breakfast. Staff professional and friendly. Owners made us feel welcome. Room was clean and every amenity catered for. DVD in..."
"Great place, room was first class and very friendly staff, will be going back..."
"We had a lovely last minute stay at the pack o cards and would book again. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was very good...."
About the hotel
Hello and welcome to the Pack o' cards. Situated in the beautiful seaside village of Combe Martin, the Pack o' Cards Inn is a unique Grade 2* Listed Ancient Monument and has been featured on the Paul Daniels Magic Show on BBC television. Constructed in 1690 to resemble a deck of cards card castle,it was built to the size of 52ft x 53 ft ,the cards in a pack including a Joker Card, has four floors to represent the suits in a pack,13 doors on each floor,13 fireplaces, the number of cards in a suit, and prior to William Pitts window tax ,the panes of glass in all of the windows added up to the total value of a pack of cards.
Nestling on the edge of Exmoor, Lorna Doone Country,with plenty of free car parking, and less than a 10 minute stroll to the beach and the sea,the Pack o' Cards is the ideal base for your stay in North Devon. All of our bedrooms have been recently refurbished and decorated. And, for that special why not stay in one of the larger rooms ,The Pink Room which is a 4 poster King size bed or The Fuschia Room, also a King size bed with its wonderful ornate ceiling, pure luxury. We have a fine selection of real ales and lagers, including our own Pack o' Cards ale which is especially brewed for us and is not available anywhere else in the UK, and you can enjoy excellent meals in our 3 restaurants or our riverside garden. there is also 2 playground areas for younger and older children. So come and visit one of Britain's most unusual follies - it is sure to be a unique experience !
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Massage , Fishing , Quad Biking , Horse Riding , Clay Pigeon Shooting , Sailing
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , CD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:23 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A Place to Visit More Than Once
This place is a little gem.
From the very warm welcome when we arrived through to the sincere cheerio when we left I cannot fault it. Excellent room with very comfortable bed. Shower not as powerful as you may want but still OK. Breakfast from cereal right up to full english and anything in between cannot be faulted. Large outside beer garden. Perfect for families. It is so popular in the village that you may have to wait a bit for your evening meal, but its worth it. Will I stay again. You bet we will.
Excellent place, especially for the price
Stayed two nights in July and loved it.
Great food (in particular the calamari) and very friendly, chatty owners. Lively in the evenings with a nice beer garden. Easy access to the beach and local amenities. Highly recommended.