- Very Good
- 77 guest reviews
"The hotel was lovely and very well positioned in Cockermouth. Large carpark was a bonus. My family and I were in rooms 1 and 2 which were se..."
"Very friendly hotel and service was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Rooms clean and comfortable...."
"Booked at last minute, this turned out to be an excellent decision. Very friendly welcome, and good service throughout our stay. Car parking..."
"Simply loved it..."
"Only had breakfast at the hotel..."
About the hotel
The Manor House Hotel is a unique family run 19th Century Georgian style Grade II listed building, packed with original features including, an elegant wood paneled staircase, beautiful high-ceilinged rooms on the ground and first floors and wooden beamed bedrooms on the second floor. Whilst we have done all that we can to retain the building‘s period charm, you will also find modern amenities in your room to ensure that your stay is comfortable, these include complimentary wi-fi throughout the hotel and flat screen Freeview colour televisions. There is ample private complimentary parking to the front of the building.
Our restaurant, open Monday - Saturday nights inclusive, is extremely popular locally and booking is essential to avoid disappointment. ** Please note our restaurant and bar are both closed on Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays ** Cockermouth, a beautiful Georgian market town, lies on the edge of the Lake District and has many attractions and events including Wordsworth House (the childhood home of poet William Wordsworth), Mitchell’s Auction Company, Jennings Brewery, The Malcolm Wilson Rally, Woolfest and Cockrock. The hotel is perfectly situated at the western end of the tree lined Main Street which is home to many independent retailers.
Showing Monday 3 August 2015 to Tuesday 4 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 27/04/2015 to 03/01/2016 - RESTAURANT & BAR CLOSED EVERY SUNDAY & BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY AND ON THE FOLLOWING DATES 2015: 20 JUNE; 16-26 JULY; 7&8 AUGUST; 28 SEPTEMBER-11 OCTOBER; 28 DECEMBER. 2016: 1&2 JANUARY. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel was lovely and very well positioned in Cockermouth.
Large carpark was a bonus. My family and I were in rooms 1 and 2 which were separated from the rest of the hotel by a door, which made us feel more private. The twin room was a good size but the double was small. We couldn't turn the radiators off so had the windows open all night. Fortunately it was quiet. The cooked breakfast was lovely. We had a great stay here.
Very friendly hotel and service was excellent.
Nothing was too much trouble. Rooms clean and comfortable.