- Very Good
- 18 guest reviews
"Stayed for one night while on business. Ideal location, lovely room, lovely food. However, I struggled to watch TV as it was too small to be..."
"I have stayed in the area many times and managed not to know about The Bowl Inn which is a shame as it is an excellent pub B&B with what app..."
"Great little B&B with excellent rooms, staff and exceptional food and service. It's 3 years since my last visit, it has been refurbished and..."
"The Bowl Inn has had some recent refurbishment. The room was beautiful, staff helpful and the breakfast was excellent. Unfortunately, the ma..."
About the hotel
An historic inn offering superb accommodation, excellent food, fine wines and real ales. Nestling on the southeastern edge of the Severn Vale in the village of Lower Almondsbury, The Bowl Inn derives its name from the shape of the land surrounding the Severn Estuary. Each comfortable room has been individually furnished to complement the original architectural features uncovered during the restoration of the upper floor.
Huge ceiling beams, stonework niches and fireplaces have been revealed and skillfully restored to make each room unique. Every room is en-suite and equipped with a telephone, tea and coffee-making facilities, colour television with freeview, internet access and a hair dryer. Whether on business or pleasure, the extensive range of food, drink and accommodation will ensure your stay is most enjoyable. Parts of this picturesque, whitewashed stone inn were originally the three cottages erected in 1146 to house the monks building the adjacent church of St Mary the Virgin. During subsequent centuries, the tunnels between these cottages, the church and priory (now a farmhouse) were created to afford protection against marauding foreign invaders. The present building became a licensed inn in 1550, and it was used by James II’s sheriffs during the latter half of the seventeenth century to try supporters of the Duke of Monmouth
Showing Thursday 5 May 2016 to Friday 6 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
- Lounge Menu , Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Stayed for one night while on business.
Ideal location, lovely room, lovely food. However, I struggled to watch TV as it was too small to be on such a high wall bracket.
I have stayed in the area many times and managed not to know about The Bowl Inn which is a shame as it is an excellent pub B&B with what appeared to be good food.
I ate before I arrived but has a dessert which was nice. The place has clearly had some well thought out modernisation but still retains the lovely character of the old pub. My room had a delightful fireplace.
It is clearly well thought of locally as it was busy on a Monday evening.
Looking forward to my next visit!