- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"Stayed here because our first choice was unavailable. Enjoyable stay. Lovely building, full of character - the shower curtain within a narro..."
"Lovely stay. All staff friendly. Pets friendly, wasn't charged for a stay. Was allowed to have my dog with me during breakfast, brilliant! F..."
"The Castle Hotel is right in the centre of this quiet market town. It's an historic hotel, with various wings originating from different dat..."
"A very characterful hotel excellent service and an ideal location I will definitely stay here again..."
"We loved staying here it was a very friendly,cosy hotel, even though this is situated right next to a busy road we could not here the traffi..."
About the hotel
The newly refurbished Castle Hotel in Llandovery has recently been reopened, by the small family run business, Taste Inn Wales owned and managed Sean Gerrard, Glyn and Jessica Bridgeman. The rooms, lovingly refurbished and their interior is honest, friendly and welcoming to all. Whether you are planning an outdoor activity break on the mountains, water, or in the air, our facilities are ideally suited to help you rest, recharge and recover.
The bar and restaurant serve high quality local produce, cooked simply and beautifully.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Radio
- Video/DVD Library
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Enjoyable but room for improvement
Stayed here because our first choice was unavailable.
Enjoyable stay. Lovely building, full of character - the shower curtain within a narrow bath caused a few problems though. Perhaps a screen would have helped. Friendly staff, but at times they seemed to be trying to cover too many jobs. Service at breakfast on one of the three days was very slow, but the waiter was also attending reception. We had an excellent evening meal in the restaurant. Breakfast varied. Smoked haddock came with 2 eggs and was lovely on 2 days, but smaller portion and only one egg on the middle day. They ran out of marmalade on the middle day and couldn't replace it because it was a Bank Holiday weekend. It's only little things, but if we had only stopped the middle day we would have come away with a poorer impression.
All staff friendly. Pets friendly, wasn't charged for a stay. Was allowed to have my dog with me during breakfast, brilliant. Food fresh and tasty. Asked receptionist for a toothpaste and he bought us one from a shop. Thank you, would stay again.