- 25 guest reviews
"Very nice hotel in the centre of a nice Welsh market town. The hotel is well apportioned and the staff very genuine and helpful. The evening..."
"Excellent stay after a late booking, rooms are very clean and tidy. the food is excellent and staff very friendly...."
"Noisy kitchen extractor fan outside the window. Double glazed window muffled the noise but the room was too hot with it closed. Intermittent..."
"Lovely room staff very friendly and helpful food excellent was well worth the visit would definitely go again...."
"We were made to feel very welcome by all. We had had a five hour journey to get there and were allowed to check in early which is a real bon..."
About the hotel
Located in the market town of Newcastle Emlyn with stunning countryside and picturesque beaches nearby. The hotel offers a leisure suite for guest’s complimentary use of gym, sauna and spa pool as well as the popular Bwyty’r Bont Restaurant and bar. A complete refurbishment has transformed this 300 year old coaching inn to give you the best of both worlds with contemporary chic and traditional accents sitting side by side.
The staff are looking forward to welcoming guests and pride themselves in making your stay enjoyable and memorable whether you are visiting for a few days or are just calling in for lunch or an evening meal. The hotel were awarded "Best Hotel in Carmarthenshire 2011/12". Bedrooms have recently been refurbished to an impeccably high standard and are all individually decorated. Rooms comprise of single, double, twin, kingsize, family rooms and suites. All are en-suite with all the luxury you would expect,direct dial telephone, flat screen television, hair dryer and tea and coffee making facilities. Some rooms have sofa beds which can be used for children at an extra cost. The hotel is a listed building so we are restricted with modifications. For this reason, we currently have no lift, and one ground floor room which is only large enough for a disabled friendly double (not twin). Please phone the hotel if you need a disabled friendly room before booking. The beautifully decorated restaurant has a relaxed and sophisticated ambience with a modern yet comfortable theme, serving a lunchtime and bar menu with a good range of local dishes. Sunday lunch is served in Ty Nest and is known locally for its fantastic traditional carvery. The full menu is available Monday to Saturday from 18:00 to 21:00. There are two bars guests can relax in, the “back bar” is a cosy and casual area with large flat screen television and warming fire effect stove, perfect for those cold winter nights. The main bar is comfortable and inviting with elegant soft furnishings and soothing background music, ideal whilst enjoying a glass of wine. The hotels leisure facilities are located in the beautiful relaxed leisure wing, adjoining the conservatory where light healthy snacks are available. Facilities on offer to guest and include a gym with a good range of machines and free weights, a sauna and a spa pool. This area is perfect for a daytime informal gathering. There is a courtesy bus available to help customers with transport and also for golf breaks. Located along the stunning West Wales coastline where some of the most beautiful beaches in the UK can be found. As Newcastle Emlyn sits in the two counties of Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire and is a stone’s throw away from Pembrokeshire there is no shortage of things to do. From wonderful scenic walks for people of all fitness levels, fishing enthusiasts can enjoy a variety of fishing experiences, from coarse, sea or river fishing. There are ample opportunities for cycling enthusiasts whether it is a mountain adventure or road biking as well as 6 golf courses within a short drive. Also on offer are museums, art centres, botanical gardens, extreme sports, shopping, cinema, theatre and adventure parks.
Showing Wednesday 7 October 2015 to Thursday 8 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Gwesty'r Emlyn Hotel
Very nice hotel in the centre of a nice Welsh market town.
The hotel is well apportioned and the staff very genuine and helpful. The evening meals are very good, particularly in the restaurant but the breakfasts were very disappointing. They had very little choice as they always seemed to be out of items and the cooked breakfasts were badly done. I can only assume that they had some sort of problem in the kitchen this time as previous visits have always been exceptional.
Excellent stay after a late booking, rooms are very clean and tidy.
the food is excellent and staff very friendly.