- Very Good
- 12 guest reviews
"I booked in with my brother for a one night stay whilst we rode our bikes at Whinlatter MTB centre. The staff were great throughout and the..."
"We stay at the Horse and Farrier 2 - 3 times a year. Up to now we normally have rooms number 9 or 5 or the cottage, but this time round we h..."
"Very relaxing and enjoyable stay . Received a warm welcome , room comfortable and breakfast excellent. Staff friendly and helpful - provide..."
"A warm welcome and excellent service from all the staff we spoke with, we arrived late evening and still got a full menu to chose from . The..."
"All staff were very helpful and accommodating. Very nice hotel and room...."
About the hotel
Open all day everyday, the Horse and Farrier is a heavenly retreat, serving some of the best Jennings real ale in the Lake District. Our bar and restaurant is well known and highly regarded for serving imaginative and wholesome food. The idyllic location and breathtaking views of Blencathra and Helvellyn range is simply stunning.
Our 20 bedrooms and 2 cottages offer a variety of accommodation including dog friendly and some recently refurbished dog free rooms.
Showing Friday 3 July 2015 to Saturday 4 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Games Console, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/12/2011 to 31/12/2014 - The Horse & Farier Inn is now dog free in all of the 9 bedrooms, having new carpets & beds. Our sister Inn The Sally @ Threlkeld across the road still allows dogs @ a rate of £10 per night The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
I booked in with my brother for a one night stay whilst we rode our bikes at Whinlatter MTB centre.
The staff were great throughout and the service was friendly and prompt. The owner called us a week ahead to organise our booking for the evening meal, which was great because the place was absolutely packed with diners on the Saturday night. We were in room 1, which was small and cramped, but on checking out the owner did apologise and say that next time she would put us into a larger room or a cottage. The food was excellent, in particular the Roast Belly Pork and comes highly recommended. We would definitely stay again.
A place you go back to time and time again
We stay at the Horse and Farrier 2 - 3 times a year.
Up to now we normally have rooms number 9 or 5 or the cottage, but this time round we had room number 1, which is on the back of the property, above the main kitchen of the pub. At first I thought the room was too small and the noise from the extractor fan for the kitchen below would keep me awake. In fact it's the best nights sleep I've had at the Horse and Farrier to date. The beds are super comfy and the extractor fan went off after the kitchen closed, so the room was nice and quiet.