- 9 guest reviews
"Best Western has an enviable reputation in the hotel business and you wont be disappointed with the Sea Hotel at South Shields. Next door to..."
"Hotel was good and clean , bar service average as bar person kept disappearing , biggest fault was the bathroom , shower was run off bath ta..."
"Very friendly helpful staff from arrival to dining and checking out. Can't really say more about the food as I only had a salad which was he..."
"Great room and comfy bed. Staff were really friendly and accomodating. Made me feel really at home. Would recommend..."
"The decor of our room (and indeed the whole hotel) was a little tired and dated but it was beautifully clean and absolutely adequate for a s..."
About the hotel
The Best Western Sea Hotel is located on the sea front at South Shields in the heart of Catherine Cookson country. The hotel is ideally located within easy reach of Sunderland and Tyneside, in addition to the A1 and A19. All of the guest rooms are tastefully decorated with a choice of single, twin, double and family rooms.
Some are ground floor for easy access in our Annexe, separate to the main building and all areas in the hotel including all bedrooms are a smoke free zone. Please note we do not have a lift. The Fregate Restaurant is noted for its wide variety of choice, offering English, continental and vegetarian cuisine in a stylish but comfortable setting. There are two bars providing contrasting ambience; the modern style Surfers Bar with a popular range of bar meals and the more traditional Tall Ships Cocktail Bar. Choices of well-equipped functions rooms are available, all at the most competitive rates.
Showing Tuesday 24 May 2016 to Wednesday 25 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
Very low quality hotel.
Max 2 stars, outdated, needs renovation.
Good nights slleep
Best Western has an enviable reputation in the hotel business and you wont be disappointed with the Sea Hotel at South Shields.
Next door to the beach and very quiet so got a good nights sleep. Staff are polite and friendly. Food was excellent and very promptly served at breakfast. One thing that lets this hotel down is the lack of lift which is really a big issue when you get to be 68. Will return though as the pros out-way the cons.