- Very Good
- 145 guest reviews
"A great hotel close to Picadilly station with high spec rooms. V comfortable bed and good customer service. Bathroom looked great but mould..."
"My room had only 1 towel and it was impossible to get through to Room service. Some of the staff were quite unfriendly. However the hotel is..."
"The hotel was an oasis of calm in the bustling city centre. The bed was superbly comforttable, the room quiet, and the staff obliging. Break..."
"The parking for hotel is poor. When we arrived we went round in circles, we gave up going into hotel for directions to car park. That aside..."
"We were delighted with reception on check-in and the room was excellent, comfortable bed, very clean and the decor/bathroom was first class...."
About the hotel
The Macdonald Townhouse is a grade II listed building in the heart of Manchester City Centre, perfectly located for the many business districts and to enjoy Manchester’s shopping as well as theatre and exhibitions in the city centre. Constructed in 1870, the grand façade of this former textile warehouse has remained largely unchanged although the building was converted into a hotel in 1982. The hotel underwent an extensive refurbishment programme in 2010, transforming it into a 4 star Boutique Hotel, whilst still retaining many of the features of the original building.
Due to the nature of the warehouse design the contemporary designed, air conditioned bedrooms are spacious and filled with light from the large windows that surround each floor level. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms. Discounted Car Parking rates are available at Q-Park Piazza, St James Street which is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Breakfast can be purchased for £19. 50 per person.
Showing Thursday 30 July 2015 to Friday 31 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Translation Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- Doctor on call, Porter, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 17/10/2018 - The card used to book prepaid rates must be presented to Reception on arrival at the hotel. Failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. Guide dogs only! The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
Nice hotel but poor bathroom
Very nice building in a great location.
Receptionist greeted us well and explained the facilities available. Room was nice and large but seriously let down by the shower that went from a medium flow to a drip constantly. The tempature also fluctuated which made having a shower impossible. Shame it spoilt the rest of the hotel but for £100 a night I expected better.
Quiet hotel in noisy part of town
A great hotel close to Picadilly station with high spec rooms.
V comfortable bed and good customer service. Bathroom looked great but mould on sealant around bath was disappointing as was no soap. The road outside is very noisy