- Very Good
- 52 guest reviews
"This is a lovely hotel with views of the countryside. The pub is great. Warm and welcoming staff and not gar into the city centre. I would d..."
"My wife and I stayed here last weekend (Fri & Sat night). I had asked for a quiet room so we were allocated an annex located behind the main..."
"Warm and friendly pub, with excellent staff. Food was amazing, very good value for money. One little issue with the bed, the mattress was un..."
"We were attending a wedding reception locally and luckily managed to book one of the last remaining rooms here. Very pleased indeed - very n..."
"We stayed at this pub for 2 night over the early may bank holiday weekend. The pub, by chance, happened to have a beer festival on also whic..."
About the hotel
The Norfolk Arms is located right on the edge of the Peak District, offering easy access to endless countryside and attractions such as Chatsworth House, Bakewell and Castleton. Sheffield city centre is only three miles in the other direction, making us ideal for business trips and weekend breaks. The nineteenth century coaching inn has been recently re-developed, and now boasts 13 comfortable en-suite rooms.
All of the rooms have a flatscreen television, tea and coffee facilities and the 10 rooms in the main building have free wi-fi access. Our bar and restaurant offer a range of cask ales, draught lagers, wines and spirits, as well as an extensive menu of home-cooked food, pub favourites and daily specials. We have a large, free carpark for guests as well as disabled parking facilities.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 02/09/2013 to 02/10/2020 - Please note: We may have private functions at weekends with discos until midnight. On Monday nights we have live jazz playing until 11pm. Wednesday is quiz night. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
Fabulouss stop over
This is a lovely hotel with views of the countryside.
The pub is great. Warm and welcoming staff and not gar into the city centre. I would definitely spend time here again.
Would stay again but room for improvement
My wife and I stayed here last weekend (Fri & Sat night).
I had asked for a quiet room so we were allocated an annex located behind the main pub/hotel, so sheltered from the road.
The room was small but sufficient. It could have been cleaner, before I placed my T-shirts in the wardrobe I ran my finger across the shelf and it was covered in dust. Had to dust the shelf before I could use it. The bathroom suffered from steaming up as soon as you ran the shower, which is a common occurrence, but it didn't clear for at least 45 minutes, and this in the middle of summer. I had to request a TV control from reception (our one was missing) and also for two wall lamps by the bedroom mirror to be replaced (very dim without them and make-up or hair for my wife was impossible given the steamed up bathroom mirrors). Tea & coffee provided in rooms with nice big cups and we had a nice lunch in the popular pub on arrival. Staff were very accommodating and responded immediately to any request. We took breakfast on the first morning (Saturday) and it could have been lovely, but it seemed to take a long time to appear and when it did it was obvious that it had stood on the pass under the heating lamps for at least 10 minutes. Not only had the fried egg yolk turned hard, the bacon was so crisp it couldn't be cut (just pick it up and eat it) and the black pudding was inedible (and I LOVE black pudding!). Shame, because I'm sure it would have been lovely if it had been served fresh. My wife had scambled eggs on toast and her breakfast suffered the same fate (overcooked and dried out by the heating lamps). We helped ourselves to toast (do your own) and had a couple of pots of tea to make up for the poor breakfast. We were also woken before 7am on the Saturday morning by a chap dragging a delivery trolley across the cobbled yard to the kitchen entrance, which is located in the courtyard which serves the annexes. So a few problems, but the location was great for our purposes and we would stay again, but I would chose a room at the rear of the main building and send the breakfast back if we were served the same again (I don't think this is their usual standard).