Found the same room at a different price? Tell us, and we'll offer to match it.
Norfolk Bay Convict Station
Built in 1838 as part of the Port Arthur penal settlement, this beautiful old house now provides comfortable heritage accommodation within an easy drive of Port Arthur and the many attractions of the Tasman Peninsula.
Norfolk Bay Convict Station was Australia?s first railway station. Ships bound for Port Arthur from Hobart faced a dangerous journey across Storm Bay and round Cape Raoul. It was much safer to stay in the sheltered waters of Norfolk Bay, unload at the Convict Station and then load goods and passengers into rail carts and transport them five miles (8kms) across land where they could be unloaded and rowed to Port Arthur. The Port Arthur Historic site is a 10 minute drive away from the Norfolk Bay Convict Station.
It stands right on the waterfront of Little Norfolk Bay (look for the jetty as you travel into the township of Taranna and we are at the end of the jetty) and is ideally located for a visit to the Port Arthur Historic Site or any of the many other historic sites along the Convict Trail.
We are also centrally located as a base for appreciating the natural attractions of the Tasman Peninsula. Walking in the Tasman National Park ('the best coastal walking in Australia'), take a guided bush walking tour, go kayaking, horse riding, fishing, deep sea diving.
Or simply fish from the jetty or relax with a glass of wine in our lovely gardens and enjoy the views from the veranda of the house.
All rooms are warm and comfortable, with an historic charm without compromising on comfort. Breakfasts are hearty and feature home grown produce.
* Historic home, restored and refurbished
* Hearty continental breakfast included in the tariff with home made breads and jams, fresh fruit (from our garden when in season), preserved fruit, yogurt, muesli and a range of cereals, juices and bottomless plunger coffee and pots of tea. We also offer a full country cooked breakfast
* A cosy sitting room with games, reference books on the local area and a general interest library
* Comfortable beds with electric blankets and heating in all rooms
* Every room has its own private bathroom, most with ensuite
* Every room has its own Flat Screen TV and DVD Player, clock radio, Tea & Coffee making facilities and refrigerator
* Licensed for beers and wines for guests and we stock a good range of local and Tasmanian wines and beer
* We try to cater for people with specific dietary requirements, such as vegans, vegetarians, gluten free diets or lactose intolerance. We stock a variety of soy milk, lactose free milk and gluten free foodstuffs. Let us know when you book or when you arrive and we will endeavour to cater for your needs.
* High chair and cot available.