- Very Good
- 14 guest reviews
"A last minute booking - well worth the extra cost. I needed an extra day and my B&B across the road was fully booked. A regular visitor to T..."
"Very friendly hotel with terrific staff. A special mention to the night manager who saw to our every need all night. Stunning building and..."
"We were pleasantly surprised and felt well looked after during our stay. A nice relaxed environment and comfortable rooms. Nice attention to..."
"Stayed in a single room which was looking a bit tired and was smaller than I'm used to for other business trips in 'more expensive' parts of..."
"Very good quality hotel with excellent service. Great location a few minutes walk from the city centre...."
About the hotel
Discover The Alverton. . .
a hidden gem in the city! A historical Grade II listed building and previously a convent built by the same architect as Truro Cathedral - The Alverton has now been fully refurbished into a stylish, 4* hotel in the Cornish capital. Offering luxurious rooms, gorgeous food and drink, superfast wifi throughout and a convenient central location within walking distance to all that Truro offers. With 50 bedrooms from Classics to spacious Suites, laid back bar & brasserie, al fresco terrace and unique weddings and conference facilities. No pets allowed at the Courtyard. The Alverton Hotel is simply magical and without a doubt a hotel to be enjoyed all year round. Whether for a weekend break, longer holidays or a business stay; The Alverton is the place to stay in Cornwall. Located within the Historic City of Truro and close enough to access Falmouth, St. Mawes, Padstow, St. Ives and most principal towns and attractions within the county.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
An historical building with attractive surroundings - definitely worth a visit!
A last minute booking - well worth the extra cost.
I needed an extra day and my B&B across the road was fully booked. A regular visitor to Truro, I have often wondered what The Alverton would be like and this gave me the perfect opportunity to see. Entering the long winding drive from the main road, which is a dual carriageway, one soon begins to appreciate the 'secluded' nature of the site. Although the car park is a bit of a walk from Reception, there was a porter service to help with luggage to the room, which was at the end of an extraordinary route through the building - a slightly confusing mix of staircases and doors and changes of direction. However the room was a delight; double aspect at the front of the building, high ceiling, all expected facilities, sparkling bathroom and very comfortable bed. One concern was the rickety nature of the door lock - even when closed and locked the gap between door and jamb made it look as if it were still open. Breakfast was very enjoyable; cold buffet and hot dishes too - I recommend the Full English, including hogs pudding and Cornish potato cake. Service was as it should be, friendly but not intrusive. Reception staff were very helpful and courteous. Only one night, but I had a good impression, so much so I have booked for Christmas. Can't wait!
Very friendly hotel with terrific staff.
A special mention to the night manager who saw to our every need all night.
Stunning building and gardens.
TV didn't work but it was literally the only bad point.
Keep doing what your doing Alverton!