- Very Good
- 75 guest reviews
"Our mid-week stay at the New Ellington fabulous - it was just enough luxury to satisfy our night away from the kids to celebrate our anniver..."
"Very comfortable stay in large bedroom close to the city centre. Reception, bar area and bedroom had a boutique style that made it a little..."
"Overall the hotel was lovely. We were greeted politely on check in by a well turned out, young gentlemen and the room was nice. Although, th..."
"This was our first stay at the New Ellington. Very impressed from arrival to departure with everything. We have nothing negative to say abou..."
About the hotel
The New Ellington Leeds nestles amongst a row of Georgian buildings in the heart of the financial district of Leeds. Through its doors you will find distinguished and discreet personalised service. You’ll find our décor sleek, stylish and warm and our facilities offer the height of functionality.
Once inside you will not want to leave. Location is second to none, with culture and posh shopping all moments away from The New Ellington – but amidst the bustle of commerce and the vibrant nightlife, The New Ellington is a haven of serenity. 5 minute walk – Train Station, Shopping Centre, Bars and Restaurants 10 minute walk – University’s, First Direct Arena, Royal Armouries 20 - 30 Minute Drive – Airport, York, Harrogate. A luxury boutique hotel par excellence -expect Egyptian cotton bed linen, luxury toiletries, comfortable beds, 24 hours in-room dinning and cocktails to die for. Our guestrooms are immensely comfortable, uncluttered and equipped with state of the art technology, complimentary wireless and hard-wired Internet access, entertainment hubs offering connection for ipods, laptop output and high-definition TV input, Nespresso coffee machines, rainforest showerheads and 32 –inch flat screen televisions complete the picture. Also available are Nintendo Wii's and Xbox 360, coupled with pre-loaded ipods with a variety of genres are available to borrow. Breakfast can be added onto your booking for £15 per person. Note of warning about building work: We are currently very fortunate in Leeds to be undergoing growth in the local economy; this has meant that construction work has begun in all parts of the city and can be heard at times in the hotel. We will endeavour to warn guests about building related noise outside working hours that we are aware of, however this is not always possible. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Showing Sunday 4 October 2015 to Monday 5 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
- Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 10/10/2013 to 31/10/2016 - WOULD GUESTS KINDLY NOTE THAT A CREDIT CARD FOR PRE-AUTHORISATION WILL BE REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN Please note between the 15th - 19th May there will be a Crane arriving to the building opposite The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
91% would recommend it to a friend
Very very disappointed!
Stayed here for my birthday, thought about staying at another hotel but chose The New Ellington as we thought it looked more modern and classy...
How wrong we were. We booked to stay in an executive suite which was priced at £165 (which did not include breakfast!) For this price we were expecting a really high standard room which is not what we got. The carpet was stained and grubby looking, so much so that I didn't want to take my shoes off. The bed had a built in headboard which was covered in material which was also very grubby looking and had dirty marks on it. The decorative cushions on the bed were again grubby and had dark hairs on them. The bathroom was standard, quite small, but again, the tiles were grubby and the sides were dusty, not the sort of bathroom you'd expect in an 'executive suite'. Part of the executive suite extras was a coffee machine- my partner went to make a coffee in the morning, machine was fine however the only milk in the room was a child's milk carton in the fridge (this type you drink through a straw) however there wasn't a straw or any scissors to open the carton so he was unable to have a coffee after all. Another small issue was there being no full length mirror which every woman needs before going out on an evening. Overall, we were very disappointed with the room and felt it didn't warrant the price at all- we have stayed in much nicer rooms for a lot cheaper. It put a dampener on the stay as we felt we had been completely ripped off, when all we wanted was a nice room!
Thoroughly enjoyable stay!
Our mid-week stay at the New Ellington fabulous - it was just enough luxury to satisfy our night away from the kids to celebrate our anniversary.
The room was spacious, clean and extremely comfortable with an enormous bed!!. The staff made us very welcome too. The location is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the centre of Leeds but close enough for a short walk to the bars and restaurants. Breakfast was delicious too!