- Very Good
- 46 guest reviews
"Stayed here before. Second stay. Can't help but feel this hotel would benefit from some investment in staff and room upgrades. Disappointmen..."
"Booked last minute on laterooms a standard double so was pleasantly surprised when arrived in room it was a suite. With great views of the r..."
"always a pleasant hotel to stay in, when in Perth. Comfortable and cosy room...."
"Very nice room ,lovely new bathroom , perfect views,of, and over river tay. nice to sit at window for coffee. Cosy for winter, very good ser..."
"Thoroughly enjoyed my stay - Would stay again - Reception staff where very friendly and helpful..."
About the hotel
Idyllically located on the banks of the River Tay in the heart of Perth, the hotel has been attracting guests from around the world for over 200 years. Notable visitors include Empress Eugenie and Queen Victoria who visited in 1848. The hotel offers 45 charmingly decorated bedrooms and feature rooms, all equipped with radio, television, telephone, trouser press and tea and coffee making facilities.
Many of the rooms benefit from stunning views across the river and our award winning gardens. All of our bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms. From the restaurant, the glorious views are as enjoyable as the Scottish cuisine, with a hand picked selection of traditional dishes readily available. A vast selection of world wines, fine beers and over 50 Scottish malts are available in the MacGregor Lounge Bar, and from the sun lounge, guests have another chance to take in the unspoilt views of Perth Bridge and the River Tay. 100 yards from Perth Museum and Horsecross concert and conference centre, and a short walk to the High Street. Highly popular venue with fishing and golfing parties, with St Andrews, Gleneagles and Carnoustie only a short drive away. Hotel rooms: 45 All ensuite. Family owned and run hotel. Free wifi and limited free parking available.
Showing Monday 25 May 2015 to Tuesday 26 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/12/2010 to 31/12/2010 - 2 and 3 night Hogmanay packages still available!! The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
riding on its reputation
Stayed here before.
Second stay. Can't help but feel this hotel would benefit from some investment in staff and room upgrades. Disappointment for me:
The bed matress is old and lumpy
The room still has that stale legacy of smoking
Biggest disappointment the dinner. Venison cooked perfectly then seriously let down by presentation and lack of finesse. No seasoning in sauce; old (chewy) mushrooms being used in sauce; restaurant staff just local well intentioned guys (students?) with no proper training. Breakfast poached eggs placed straight onto toast - nobody likes wet toast :) come on chef. The breakfast lady needs support, superb asset to the team but she's overwhelmed running back and forth and service suffers with only a handful of tables. For the money I shouldn't complain, but if the investment in quality is made then I would pay more.
Great Perth views
Booked last minute on laterooms a standard double so was pleasantly surprised when arrived in room it was a suite.
With great views of the river. Only downside is be aware of very tight car park if you are bringing a car.