- Very Good
- 96 guest reviews
"No parking at hotel, but on-street parking is available nearby and is free between 6pm & 8am which suited me. Tried to check-in at bar, but..."
"Conveniently situated 2 minutes walk from the Rail Station with connections to London, the Midlands and Southern counties, the Queen's Hotel..."
"Our only problem was that the hotel has a night club and another one just across the road.We could not get to sleep until the early hours af..."
"This is the second time I have stayed in Queen's Hotel and the standard was as good as it was before. The room was clean as were the bed and..."
"Central location, comfy bed and good shower...."
About the hotel
The Queen's Hotel is a grade II listed building which was built in 1863, soon after Bridge Street was laid out. We are ideally placed within the city centre being only 2 minutes’ walk from the main train station and plenty of car parking available in the area. We have 29 individual bedrooms and all have en suite shower facilities.
All of our rooms include tea and coffee making facilities, hair dryer, digital televisions and offer free wi-fi. Off site parking is available only 40 metres away. This hotel adjoins a Lloyds No. 1 bar which plays music in the evening. In certain rooms, music may be heard during the evening bar hours. We are ideally located only 5 minutes off Junction 25A of the M4 and 2 minutes’ walk from Newport train station. There are train connections to Cardiff, Swansea, Birmingham New Street, Manchester Piccadilly and London Paddington. Cardiff is only 20 minutes away by car and 15 minutes by train which is ideal for anyone planning a trip to the Millennium Stadium or concerts at the C. I. A. We are also less than a 10 minute walk from Rodney Parade, the home ground of The Newport Gwent Dragons and Newport RFC.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 12/05/2016 to 29/10/2025 - A 50% non-refundable deposit will be taken for any bookings with 5 or more rooms. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
1 night's stay
No parking at hotel, but on-street parking is available nearby and is free between 6pm & 8am which suited me.
Tried to check-in at bar, but was re-directed to a door around the corner which is the hotel entrance. Barrier was down on the check-in desk when I arrived (about 6pm), but pressed button on phone and was attended to quickly. Check-in lady was very polite and helpful. Room small, but very nice. Clean linen and towels, comfy bed, good shower, Freeview TV, free Wi-Fi, tea & coffee making facilities, complimentary still & sparkling bottles of water, iron and board. Ate in the Weatherspoon's bar/restaurant which is always good food and value for money. Decent room rate for a city centre hotel.
Springboard to Newport
Conveniently situated 2 minutes walk from the Rail Station with connections to London, the Midlands and Southern counties, the Queen's Hotel combines traditional high standards of yesteryear with modern technology and service.
Excellent meals are served in the Bar which functions on two floors providing plenty of space for relaxation. Free wi-fi is available throughout the hotel. The staff are well motivated and cheerfully provide for guests' needs. An unhurried yet purposeful atmosphere pervades the hotel. I enjoyed my stay. [The accommodation is suitable for a business stop-over. - not available in the options below.]