- Very Good
- 57 guest reviews
"Brilliant for the price, very friendly and helpful, lovely old building but throughly refurbished. Good breakfast included...."
"Fab place, great pub and breakfast was fine, excellent position in the town and plenty of parking. Staff where excellent, all very helpful a..."
"Very helpful staff. Shown up to my room and my bag carried by a very helpful member of your staff. Booked on LateRooms.com and then found to..."
"The bathroom at the swan inn was of very poor quality. The shower of poor quality, the sink was cracked and had been filled with grout, havi..."
"Good accommodation, lively local atmosphere and excellent food..."
About the hotel
Located in the village of Tarporley just 15 minutes to Chester, dating back to the 16th Century this hotel has been sympathetically restored and updated to include free Wi-Fi, car parking and widely recognised restaurant. From morning coffee's to classical afternoon teas, a snack lunch or evening dinner, the hotel offers a wide range of fresh, locally sourced ingredients with menus changed daily. Each en-suite bedroom is unique using rich colours.
Rooms have fresh white linen and comfy warm throws with individual touches such as Gilchrist and Soames toiletries, colour television, direct dial telephone, trouser press, tea and coffee making facilities and more, which is all you’d expect from a true country hotel. Nothing has been forgotten with a selection of singles, doubles, twins, families and suites, six of which are located in the converted Coaching Inn. The hotel believes in presenting uncomplicated food served in a friendly environment. There are always at least 4 cask beers available at any one time, in addition to the normal favourites there are also a selection of seasonal ales. There is an extensive wine list which has been carefully selected from classic French to New World including 12 whites, 12 reds and a good selection of rose and sparkling wines. Overlooking Tarporley High Street, the spectacularly historic Georgian Hunt Room which lends itself to any occasion with a sense of history. This can accommodate your needs with exclusive use of the function room and private bar which offers much more flexibility for arrangements and timings. The hotel pride themselves on the personal service given to guests whilst organising the day, and thanks to the wealth of experience staff know how to create a flawless day within a unique and perfect setting. Tarporley Village has an array of boutique fashion shops, delis, country pursuits shops, chocolate emporiums and much more. This is also a mid point on the Sandstone Trail with 34 miles of beautiful walking, cycling or horse riding over the Cheshire Plains and into Shropshire. Other areas of interest include many golf courses, Delamere Forest, Go Ape, Cheshire Polo Club, Cotebrook Shire Horse Centre, Beeston Castle, Oulton Park, Blakemore Craft Centre, Supagolf, Falconery Centre, Chester City, Chester Zoo, Blue Planet Aquarium, Anderton Boat Lift, Cholmondeley Castle, Cheshire Oaks, Arley Hall, Tatton Park, Capesthore Hall, Combermere Abbey and Eaton Hall.
Showing Saturday 1 August 2015 to Sunday 2 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 17/12/2012 to 31/12/2021 - Please note pets are only allowed in ground floor bedrooms, Guests need to ring the Hotel to confirm availability before booking. New Years Eve Booking must be paid for on booking (non refundable) The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Brilliant for the price, very friendly and helpful, lovely old building but throughly refurbished.
Good breakfast included.
Swan at Tarporley
Fab place, great pub and breakfast was fine, excellent position in the town and plenty of parking.
Staff where excellent, all very helpful and knew how to smile and seem glad to be of assistance. Rare in some places.