- Very Good
- 25 guest reviews
"This was a perfect location for my husband to stay for one night on our way home to Mid Wales from visiting family in Scotland The staff wer..."
"Great family room, lots of space and very clean...."
"We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Swan. The staff there were excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them. The room was quite goo..."
"Having stayed and dined at The Swan several times over the years, I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Whilst our room loc..."
"Quaint, old fashioned hotel in pleasant Cheshire town. The hotel has many alcoves to sit and enjoy the excellent food and comfy chairs to si..."
About the hotel
Located in the village of Tarporley just 15 minutes to Chester, dating back to the 16th Century Swan at Tarporley has been sympathetically restored and updated to include free Wi-Fi, car parking and widely recognised restaurant. From morning coffee's to classical afternoon teas, a snack lunch or evening dinner, the hotel offers a wide range of fresh, locally sourced ingredients with menus changed daily. Each en-suite bedroom is unique using rich colours.
Rooms have fresh white linen and comfy warm throws with individual touches such as Gilchrist and Soames toiletries, colour television, direct dial telephone, trouser press, tea and coffee making facilities and more, which is all you’d expect from a true country hotel. Nothing has been forgotten with a selection of singles, doubles, twins, families and suites, six of which are located in the converted Coaching Inn. The hotel believes in presenting uncomplicated food served in a friendly environment. There are always at least 4 cask beers available at any one time, in addition to the normal favourites there are also a selection of seasonal ales. There is an extensive wine list which has been carefully selected from classic French to New World including 12 whites, 12 reds and a good selection of rose and sparkling wines. Overlooking Tarporley High Street, the spectacularly historic Georgian Hunt Room which lends itself to any occasion with a sense of history. This can accommodate your needs with exclusive use of the function room and private bar which offers much more flexibility for arrangements and timings. The hotel pride themselves on the personal service given to guests whilst organising the day, and thanks to the wealth of experience staff know how to create a flawless day within a unique and perfect setting. Tarporley Village has an array of boutique fashion shops, delis, country pursuits shops, chocolate emporiums and much more. This is also a mid point on the Sandstone Trail with 34 miles of beautiful walking, cycling or horse riding over the Cheshire Plains and into Shropshire. Other areas of interest include many golf courses, Delamere Forest, Go Ape, Cheshire Polo Club, Cotebrook Shire Horse Centre, Beeston Castle, Oulton Park, Blakemore Craft Centre, Supagolf, Falconery Centre, Chester City, Chester Zoo, Blue Planet Aquarium, Anderton Boat Lift, Cholmondeley Castle, Cheshire Oaks, Arley Hall, Tatton Park, Capesthore Hall, Combermere Abbey and Eaton Hall. The local C84 bus allows easy access to Chester of Crewe. Churchills the cleaners are located almost adjacent to the Swan. Turn right from the front door and they are 100 yards down the street. Newspapers and General Store - There is a newsagent and general store situated approximately 200 yards from the Swan.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 12 years old
- 17/12/2012 to 31/12/2021 - Please note pets are only allowed in ground floor bedrooms, Guests need to ring the Hotel to confirm availability before booking. Pet cost 15gbp New Years Eve Booking must be paid for on booking ... The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
One of the best
This was a perfect location for my husband to stay for one night on our way home to Mid Wales from visiting family in Scotland
The staff were all friendly ,lovely room.excellent dinner and breakfast.this will be our stop over place from now on
Great family room, lots of space and very clean.