- Very Good
- 51 guest reviews
"The Hotel inside was all that I required with very attentive staff. The outside needs some TLC being in an area where there are many bars, a..."
"Really good hotel in the centre of Cardiff. Don't judge the interior by the view outside although that does need a clean up. Good standard o..."
"The room was fine if a little small, nicely decorated . The corridors and reception were a little dingy. Overall it was good value for money..."
"Great hotel right in the center of Cardiff , ideally located for the Millennium Stadium, Motor point arena close to bars and restaurants ! C..."
"Disappointed with shower ,..."
About the hotel
The Royal Hotel Cardiff boasts one of the best city centre locations within Wales' Capital. It is a Grade II Listed Victorian building in Italianate Style built in 1866 and is Cardiff's oldest hotel. The 60 bedrooms in this urban retreat are of a contemporary style with the latest technology which includes Air Conditioning, 37-42 inch HD TV's, in room safe and free Wi-Fi which is available throughout the Hotel.
Relax and unwind in Fitz's bar with our great selection of light meals, snacks and sample our made to order cocktails. Located on the second floor above the hustle and bustle of the vibrant capital city, The hotel is situated at the junction of St Mary Street, Wood Street and Westgate Street, with entrances on both St Mary Street and Westgate Street. The closest Hotel to the Millennium Stadium gates, many of our rooms overlook the iconic building, home to major international sporting events and concerts. Breakfast is served most mornings in the famous Oak Panelled Scott Room which can seat up to 130 guests and is an ideal wedding and function venue. It was in this room that Captain Robert Falcon Scott held his farewell dinner prior to his fateful expedition to the Antarctic in 1910. Off-site car parking is available at NCP Westgate Street, CF10 1DZ which costs £12 per 24hrs. From the 1st July, the rate increases to £14 per 24hrs.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
- Lounge Menu , Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 13/08/2012 to 31/03/2018 - Car Parking is available at offsite NCP, costing £12 per 24hrs. Cost increases to £14 from 1st July 2016. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
The Royal Hotel Cardiff
The Hotel inside was all that I required with very attentive staff.
The outside needs some TLC being in an area where there are many bars, and young people do not respect the appearance of the city. Elizabeth French.
Really good hotel in the centre of Cardiff.
Don't judge the interior by the view outside although that does need a clean up. Good standard of accommodation. Hope the lift gets fixed soon though.