- Very Good
- 132 guest reviews
"A lovely end to our break and I would highly recommend a stay. also very dog friendly and fantastic to see that they support action for the..."
"Room lovely and big and on ground floor which was great for my mum. However bathroom had a constant uneasy smell..."
"Amazing location near Lake Windermere. Lovely cottage accomodation at the rear where we stayed - large modern rooms with nice views of the g..."
"Booked this hotel last minute, was impressed with the hotel and surroundings for the price. Windermere/Bowness within walking distance. Foun..."
"as a vision hotel it is mainly geared for the visioally impaired and thier guide dogs. the people who stayed some had dogs and they were ver..."
About the hotel
Windermere Manor Hotel is set in 3 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens and is a short walk away from the picturesque shores of Lake Windermere. Situated at the heart of the Lake District, Windermere is England's longest lake and is hugely popular with visitors. The bustling towns of Bowness, Windermere and Ambleside are all waiting for you to explore.
The more adventurous guest can enjoy a variety of water-based activities including water skiing, sailing,swimming or even a leisurely cruise. The hotel prides itself on its accessibility features that are particularly suited to the needs of visually impaired people. We welcome good natured pet dogs and assistance dogs and the hotel is the perfect point from which to start your Lakeland adventure with your dog*. Somerooms have been adapted to suit the needs of wheelchair users. In July 2011 we opened Bradbury House, adjacent to the hotel, featuring seven new fabulous rooms including five Garden Rooms; each with it's own patio opening out onto the gardens. Bed and room configurations in the annexe are fully flexible and are ideal for larger families and groups. The main hotel, a former Victorian retreat, has 28 well appointed and comfortable bedrooms. Many are suitable for families; all are en suite with tea and coffee making facilities and colour televisions. Many rooms have attractive balconies from which guests can enjoy the sunshine and stunning views across the lake to the Langdale Pikes and the mountains beyond. Guests can relax in the indoor heated pool or take pleasure wandering through the scent-filled grounds. Meals are all freshly prepared to a high standard with an emphasis on quality local ingredients and relaxed dining, and are served in the Conservatory or in the dining room which was formerly a chapel. Free Wi-Fi is offered in our public areas, this is available via BT Openzone throughout the hotel. However due to the style of the building, some rooms have limited access Pets are allowed on request. A £5 charge per pet, per night applies. *Only assistance dogs are allowed in the Restaurant of the Hotel.
Showing Wednesday 1 April 2015 to Thursday 2 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Bar
- Indoor Pool, Sauna
- In room entertainment
- TV, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 16/04/2014 to 01/04/2018 - Please use the postcode LA23 1JF if you are using a SatNav or an online route planner The leisure facilities are open from 09:30-18:00 Please note that this property does not accept UnionPay cards The LateRooms.com rates for Windermere Manor Hotel in WINDERMERE are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
A lovely end to our break and I would highly recommend a stay.
also very dog friendly and fantastic to see that they support action for the blind. Well done all.
Great for what we required
Room lovely and big and on ground floor which was great for my mum.
However bathroom had a constant uneasy smell