"some updating needed to bathroom; shower cubicle cramped with flimsy curtain. There was the constant sound of gushing water in the bedroom...."
"Great place to stay. Clean room, friendly staff and a good breakfast...."
"The hotel is an astounding piece of architecture, it is unfortunately let down by lack of general upkeep. It is a shame to see crumbling pla..."
"Another "city room" victim. Basement fusty but actually room lovely. No hot water in bathroom. Smoke alarms went off from 10.30pm throughout..."
"Been going to Scarborough for 35 years but never stayed at the grand so thought I'd give it a too . entrance is OK but once you start to wal..."
About the hotel
This Seaside landmark was built in 1863 and still stands proud overlooking the picturesque South bay and Harbour. The beautifully designed hotel is rumoured to have a theme of time within the design of this stately building. It has 4 Towers, 12 Floors, 52 chimneys and 413 rooms.
The hotels boasts two Restaurants, The Harbour Lights, the main restaurant with stunning views of the Harbour and the Premier restaurant for those wanting a more intimate atmosphere with Carvery and a wide selection of dishes and a Café Java serving snacks and beverages. There are also two bars in the hotel, the Empress and the Cabaret bar offer a relaxed chilled atmosphere. The Cabaret Ballroom is home to our LIVE Entertainment, with shows that will keep you entertained for the evening. Conference rooms are also available for any occasion for up to 200 people catering for all your needs. This is the perfect seaside hotel with the views, good food and great entertainment! WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
Showing Saturday 30 May 2015 to Sunday 31 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/10/2010 to 31/12/2022 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Valid Photo ID must be shown if guests are wishing to settle the account by cash. The LateRooms.com rates for The Grand Hotel Scarborough – A Grand Entertainment Hotel in Scarborough are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
44% would recommend it to a friend
Paid for a deluxe double and got a box room
Celebrating a 50th birthday, booked a deluxe double seaview room as a treat.
On arrival our booking could not be found and we ended up in a boxroom on the corner of the hotel with 3 nests of seagulls squawking all night.
Worse hotel I've EVER stayed in. Terrible!
First room we were offered was no better than a damp smelling prison cell.
Second marginally better but included many broken fixtures and fittings. Leaking sink, broken towel rail, missing plaster and dodgy electrical wires to name a few. Drinks poor. Food disgusting, we refused breakfast it was so poor but were refused a refund. Queue for check in and out was a constant issue, no surprise with the amount if complaints going on though. There is absolutely nothing grand about this hovel. We bought pizzas at the night as thankfully the hotel had nothing to offer at this point but we were forced to eat it outside by some strange guy on the door who actually locked us out. We paid £83.00 in total for this experience which isn't even cheap considering we could of got a beautiful room a mile or two down the road. Scarborough on the hole is awful. We wouldn't return if we were paid too. Avoid.