"When we arrived we were given a room in the basement, no windows or phone signal. We asked reception if we could be moved, they said yes if..."
"We really enjoyed our 2 nights B&B at the Grand, We had a large room with sea view on floor 00, breakfast was buffet style with huge choice,..."
"Was put in a room in the basement. Easy enough to find, clean. Not too small that we were falling over each other either. Acceptable for the..."
About the hotel
This Seaside landmark was built in 1863 and still stands proud overlooking the picturesque South bay and Harbour. The beautifully designed hotel is rumoured to have a theme of time within the design of this stately building. It has 4 Towers, 12 Floors, 52 chimneys and 413 rooms.
The hotels boasts two Restaurants, The Harbour Lights, the main restaurant with stunning views of the Harbour and the Premier restaurant for those wanting a more intimate atmosphere with Carvery and a wide selection of dishes and a Café Java serving snacks and beverages. There are also two bars in the hotel, the Empress and the Cabaret bar offer a relaxed chilled atmosphere. The Cabaret Ballroom is home to our LIVE Entertainment, with shows that will keep you entertained for the evening. Conference rooms are also available for any occasion for up to 200 people catering for all your needs. This is the perfect seaside hotel with the views, good food and great entertainment! WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
Showing Wednesday 29 July 2015 to Thursday 30 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/10/2010 to 31/12/2022 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Valid Photo ID must be shown if guests are wishing to settle the account by cash. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
43% would recommend it to a friend
Very dated and tired.
Fabulous location but that's it!
When we arrived we were given a room in the basement, no windows or phone signal.
We asked reception if we could be moved, they said yes if we upgraded for 30.00. We spoke to the manager And he said the same. We upgraded and paid the extra. We were disgusted with the 'upgrade' .. Still no phone signal & the window was in the ceiling with a blind and a pole hanging down. The bed was like lying on a plank of wood and everybody was moaning about that.
This is a great located hotel, right by town centre and beach but nothing else to shout about. 80% of travellers are 70+, the entertainment consists of granny bingo every evening and the same cabaret couple singing for an hour. Very boring. We drank in the hotel in the evening, once we got served. We were stood at the bar for 5 mins, no-one else stood at the bar, a new customer walked to the bar and the staff served him straight away. Few bar staff were ever so rude, and check ur glasses .. Ours were very grubby. There is a terrace which is fantastic for the view but literally full of seagull muck, you can tell it never gets cleaned. The parking is really bad too, it's 3.00 a day to park but good luck finding a space.