- 8 guest reviews
"Hotel a bit tired but good value for money. Staff friendly with a nice atmosphere. Food excellent...."
"A grand old Victorian house converted in to a confusing hotel. Whoever the architect was needs to find another career. He has created a rabb..."
"This is a lovely building that needs serious attention, 2 floorboards in our room didn't seem to be there under the grubby carpet I kept sin..."
"Stayed one night as had several appointments at N&N Hospital in one day and the hotel was convenient for us. Staff were very friendly and he..."
About the hotel
There's no such thing as being too close for comfort, as BEST WESTERN George Hotel in Norwich proves! This charming Victorian town house is superbly situated (just off the main A11) and gives guests easy access to Cambridge, London and the Norfolk Broads National Park. You'll be just a 15 minute walk away to the centre of this historical city (and therefore a mere scenic view away from its Cathedrals and castle!), and East Anglia's many beauty spots lie on your doorstep. With hundreds of new shops, Norwich is now ranked as the number three shopping destination in the UK, so who's up for a bargain hunt! Whatever you do by night, you'll be able to dine in style by night at the award-winning Arlington Grill and Brasserie located back at the hotel.
Free Wi-Fi is available here too!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
38% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel a bit tired but good value for money.
Staff friendly with a nice atmosphere. Food excellent.
A real curates egg.
A grand old Victorian house converted in to a confusing hotel.
Whoever the architect was needs to find another career. He has created a rabbits warren of stairs, corridors and passages with no meaningfully accurate signage making matters worse. I got lost twice trying to find my room - but I am old and was exhausted. The fixtures and fittings are of low quality and becoming tired. My mattress was clearly feeling its age. The place needs a severe facelift or bulldozing.
All that said, the place was clean, the staff an utter delight, my light evening meal ( starter only) was perfect. For the price I really should not grumble - almost a bargain which is why I would probably stay again. Thank you.