- 16 guest reviews
"We stayed for one night in one of the Bishop suites. A beautiful room with a four poster and seperate sitting room. Our meal was excellent a..."
"Overly precious re dinning. Atmosphere lacking in lounge...."
"fell down on small items, not renewing used items, glass marks not cleaned. food was great, wine list to die for..."
"How often do you get to stay in a castle? And how often do you get to stay in such a stunning castle!? Not often enough!! This hotel is amaz..."
"we had great time was really realizing and lovely surroundings..."
About the hotel
Hidden away for 900 years near the picturesque village of Amberley in the chalk South Downs, Amberley Castle is a magnificent historical treasure that offers a truly unique experience. Through the Portcullis and 60 ft curtain walls you will find beautiful landscaped gardens, fine examples of medieval architecture and an unrivaled atmosphere of peace and tranquility. Amberley Castle offers 19 luxurious hotel bedrooms and suites, many with four-poster beds and all featuring Spa bathrooms.
The hotel's facilities include two restaurants, lounge areas, tennis court, croquet lawn, gardens and lakes, 18-hole professional putting course and a stunning thatched-roof tree house complete with rope bridge.
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- In-room Modem Hook up , Private dining services
- Pitch n' Putt , Croquet , Tennis Courts
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A wonderful hotel experience
We stayed for one night in one of the Bishop suites.
A beautiful room with a four poster and seperate sitting room. Our meal was excellent and the service was good.
Tip - on a cold rainy winters night you would probably be better in a room in the castle itself as the Bishop suites require a walk in the open to get to the restaurant. Great for the summer though!
Amberley Castle – Relais & Châteaux
Overly precious re dinning.
Atmosphere lacking in lounge.