- 94 guest reviews
"Amazing place to stay and know people have been doing so for 600 years....Handy for the city....good food...."
"A little apprehensive when read comments about the noise from the karaoke late at night. We stayed in Room 220 which was spacious, clean and..."
"Only minus was car parking was 5-7 min walk from hotel. Pub food was great, hotel room and bathroom was big and both warm...."
"We was blown away with the fabulous room and the shower, the history of the new inn and the mixture of the pub and the club together was bri..."
"Decor is dated and a bit tatty..."
About the hotel
The New Inn Hotel is situated in the heart of Gloucester and dates back to the 14th-century, it is considered to be the finest medieval galleried inn in Britain and has been beautifully restored and refurbished. There are 33 ensuite rooms featuring exposed beams & original features, TV and tea and coffee making facilities. The Grill Restaurant serves a carvery and British menu in charming surroundings.
There are 4 bars, including the award-winning Real Ale Bar, offering up to 12 cask ales. There is also a coffee shop serving homemade cakes and speciality teas. This historical building was used by pilgrims visiting Gloucester Cathedral, which is just 300 metres away. East Gate Shopping Centre is just 2 minutes’ walk away, and Gloucester Railway Station is a 5-minute walk. Cheltenham is less than 10 miles away and Cotswold villages surround the area.
Showing Tuesday 13 October 2015 to Wednesday 14 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 15/06/2014 to 29/01/2021 - Please note that last check in is 9PM - unless pre-arranged Live loud music Fri & Sat until midnight. nightclub open -2am Park at BRUTON WAY car park - opposite railway station The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
72% would recommend it to a friend
Amazing place to stay and know people have been doing so for 600 years....Handy for the city....good food.
A little apprehensive when read comments about the noise from the karaoke late at night.
We stayed in Room 220 which was spacious, clean and peaceful. The gulls were there, but their serenading became a background noise very quickly - it was a sunny day and we had the window open. Gloucester is a lovely city to walk around. The New Inn is central to all you would wish to see. The shops, the cafes & restaurants and the heritage sites. The karaoke and the "characters" in the courtyard were so entertaining that we stayed "out" till gone 01:00. Please breakfast was served until 10:00 - food balanced choice and very good.