- 19 guest reviews
"Friendly staff, good sized room, clean. All round pleasant stay..."
"Highly recommend, excellent greeting, room extremely good value for money. Clean tidy comfortable bed. Had a meal in restaurant waiter servi..."
"a lovely hotel with lovely happy and obliging staff, everyone seemed so friendly, I must single out "Mike" for some extra thanks, after arri..."
"The room was comfortable, but had only one light switch by the door, which made it a small challenge when turning lights out before bed. The..."
"Booked in a rush. Maybe if I'd had time I'd have done a little more research. Staff were exceptional. The hotel itself, in my opinion, was n..."
About the hotel
Historic Welsh Coaching Inn and birthplace of the Welsh Rugby Union, the Castle Hotel is family owned and run and situated in the heart of Neath, just off the M4 and 2 minutes from the mainline train station. Ideally located for visiting a host of local attractions including Afan Forest Park, Brecon Beacons National Park, dozens of historic monuments and castles and the stunning Swansea Bay and Gower coastlines. All this and yet only 40 minutes from Wales' vibrant capital city of Cardiff.
The hotel boasts character and charm whilst offering all the modern conveniences such as flat screens, Sky, WIFI, feather duvets and pillows and tea/coffee making facilities. The restaurant, Green's, serves "Simply Good Welsh Food" and offers a daily blackboard featuring local specialities. There are two bars: the traditional, oak panelled Lounge Bar with its huge fireplace and "oh, so comfy" arm chairs and the contemporary Castle Bar with its big screens and upbeat, trendy atmosphere.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Porter
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 21/09/2011 to 31/12/2020 - Please note, due to being a popular venue for parties and functions, some guest rooms may occasionally be affected by late night noise from the bar area downstairs. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
47% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel was not what we expected we thought we were staying in Swansea as we entered Swansea when searching for a hotel and this came up yet it was 8 miles out.
The hotel room was quite grubby and the bed was 2 single mattresses put together and the toilet seat was broke. We were in the room for an hour then we decided to leave and stay elsewhere, really disappointed.
Dated hotel in areas.
Shower didn't work correctly. Room not very clean. Food good. Staff in bar area and serving food polite and friendly, hotel area staff not so friendly and approachable. Would not stay again but would use bar and food facilities.