- 45 guest reviews
"Highly recommend, excellent greeting, room extremely good value for money. Clean tidy comfortable bed. Had a meal in restaurant waiter servi..."
"a lovely hotel with lovely happy and obliging staff, everyone seemed so friendly, I must single out "Mike" for some extra thanks, after arri..."
"The room was comfortable, but had only one light switch by the door, which made it a small challenge when turning lights out before bed. The..."
"Booked in a rush. Maybe if I'd had time I'd have done a little more research. Staff were exceptional. The hotel itself, in my opinion, was n..."
"The Castle hotel has a fine history being the birthplace of Welsh Rugby Union. The reception area is quite grand with wood panelling as are..."
About the hotel
Historic Welsh Coaching Inn and birthplace of the Welsh Rugby Union, the Castle Hotel is family owned and run and situated in the heart of Neath, just off the M4 and 2 minutes from the mainline train station. Ideally located for visiting a host of local attractions including Afan Forest Park, Brecon Beacons National Park, dozens of historic monuments and castles and the stunning Swansea Bay and Gower coastlines. All this and yet only 40 minutes from Wales' vibrant capital city of Cardiff.
The hotel boasts character and charm whilst offering all the modern conveniences such as flat screens, Sky, WIFI, feather duvets and pillows and tea/coffee making facilities. The restaurant, Green's, serves "Simply Good Welsh Food" and offers a daily blackboard featuring local specialities. There are two bars: the traditional, oak panelled Lounge Bar with its huge fireplace and "oh, so comfy" arm chairs and the contemporary Castle Bar with its big screens and upbeat, trendy atmosphere.
Showing Thursday 27 August 2015 to Friday 28 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Porter
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 21/09/2011 to 31/12/2020 - Please note, due to being a popular venue for parties and functions, some guest rooms may occasionally be affected by late night noise from the bar area downstairs. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
69% would recommend it to a friend
warm welcome excellent service from time we entered hotel
Highly recommend, excellent greeting, room extremely good value for money.
Clean tidy comfortable bed. Had a meal in restaurant waiter service excellent food wonderful. most enjoyable stay I would recommend
a lovely hotel with lovely happy and obliging staff, everyone seemed so friendly, I must single out "Mike" for some extra thanks, after arriving back late we found the car park locked, I asked what time the gates would be opened (as the traffic wardens are ready to book you at 8:01!) he said "no worries, I'll open them for you now" now at that time the rain was falling and it was a miscible night, but we trundled off appox 50 yards and my car was safe, room was lovely, (room 4) with a massive large bed, all clean and tidy, my only worry would be staying there on a weekend as it is in the middle of town and there are a few pubs right near.., on the whole a great stay and we will be back.