- Very Good
- 79 guest reviews
"The hotel was lovely. Staff couldn't do enough for you. Not the cheapest around. But you get what you pay for. Would we go there again? De..."
"despite very friendly staff and nice setting we were disappointment, the pool was broken, the beds worn out, the bath water warm, the rooms..."
"Lovely main buildings (bedroom a little uninspiring, but apparently due to be refurbished, and brilliant shower!), very convenient for centr..."
"One night for business...."
"Group of 6 for long weekend. Excellent base for exploring York and surrounding area. Photo looks like this is in the middle of the countrysi..."
About the hotel
Nestled in secluded courtyard gardens in the heart of York city centre, Middletons Hotel comprises of 56 beautifully decorated bedrooms spread over six historic, grade II listed buildings. Facilities include: on site leisure club; car parking; restaurant; breakfast room; superfast free wi-fi and a selection of conference and celebration rooms. A hidden gem, tucked away yet easily accessible, this oasis of calm is just a 5 minute walk from the main shopping area and local attractions, making it the ideal base for exploring York, and enjoying a peaceful break! Our rustic yet modern restaurant provides a sophisticated setting to enjoy sumptuous dishes, using the best locally sourced ingredients, bold flavours & faultless presentation which combine to create an unforgettable dining experience.
Enjoy the beautiful weather in summer months on our relaxing sun terrace, sun lounge and gardens which provide the perfect setting to enjoy the surroundings. With an eclectic wine selection, hand pulled local ales and a mouth-watering bar menu selection; you can enjoy the more relaxed approach to the day. All guests at Middletons receive complimentary access to our onsite, state of the art Health & Fitness centre, including a training pool (pre-booking required) along with complimentary ‘Smart’ WiFi in all areas of the hotel. Secure onsite car parking is also available at a charge of £10. 00 per 24 hour payable on departure (Parking is available on a first come, first served basis). Ground floor bedrooms are available, as a grade II listed buildings, there are no lifts to first floor bedrooms so please ensure you do make us aware of any special requirements when you book to ensure you are allocated the most suitable room for your needs.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
84% would recommend it to a friend
Our weekend in York
The hotel was lovely.
Staff couldn't do enough for you. Not the cheapest around. But you get what you pay for.
Would we go there again.
not really a luxury hotel experience
despite very friendly staff and nice setting we were disappointment, the pool was broken, the beds worn out, the bath water warm, the rooms noisy with thin walls, bar staff quite rude.
For the same money we would have had a better sleep at Premier Inn.