- Very Good
- 4 guest reviews
"We arrived at hotel early but were able to go to our room which was very nice ,all the staff were lovely the food was delicious and reasonab..."
"We were initially disappointed at the room, which was rather dated, (although the bathroom was nice and new), but the place grew on us! We l..."
"The view from our room was super, over looking the grog and the surrounding woodland, so alive and welcome sight in the morning...."
"This is a traditional hotel. Yes, perhaps it could do with some updating. Perhaps the shower / hot water takes a while to run hot. . . but t..."
About the hotel
The Hafod Hotel was originally built in the 1700's as a hunting lodge. The Hafod Hotel stands alongside the "Devil's Bridge" at the head of dramatic waterfalls. It overlooks the spectacular wooded gorges of the Mynach and Rheidol rivers.
In this superb setting on the western edge of the Cambrian Mountains and Elan Valley and within easy reach of the coastal university town of Aberystwyth, the Hafod Hotel makes an excellent base for a short break or longer holiday. Nant Arian, renowned for its mountain bike trails and where the Red Kites are fed daily is a quarter on an hour away. The bird watching is excellent with many species sighted close to the Hotel. Details of walks explored and drawn up by the hotel owners are freely available. The Hafod Estate, one of the best examples of Victorian Landscape Gardening, is only 5 minutes away. For the business customer, there is free WIFI broadband throughout the hotel. Aberystwyth is just over 20 minutes drive from the hotel. We have an excellent Restaurant serving fine food, recently awarded our first rosette by the AA. We also serve delicious bar food and Pizza's.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Great hotel in lovely setting
We arrived at hotel early but were able to go to our room which was very nice ,all the staff were lovely the food was delicious and reasonably priced will definitely stay again .
We were initially disappointed at the room, which was rather dated, (although the bathroom was nice and new), but the place grew on us.
We loved the relaxed atmosphere - we were not bothered at all by anyone, but knew that attentive staff were on hand. We had the sitting room, complete with cosy fire, to ourselves for the evening - great.
The bed was comfortable and breakfast was lovely. The peace and quiet was magical. Thanks.