- 50 guest reviews
"Read mixed reviews of this hotel after I had booked it, and recent ones too, but my experience was a pleasant one and I didn't really see an..."
"Very spacious indeed. More character than a modern hotel. Good breakfast. Very good location...."
"Excellently situated opposite Baths. Large spacious room, a little tired but clean enough. Spa good. Parking on site £5 per day. Would stay..."
"I didn't get to stay where I've booked. Due to laterooms site not confirming my booking form the previous day. The hotel seemed nice and th..."
"The hotel is beautiful and I'm pleased to say the rooms are getting a facelift. Will be fantastic when it's finished. The small size of the..."
About the hotel
Situated in the heart of Harrogate on the main A61 road to Ripon and adjacent to the Harrogate International Centre's Exhibition Halls and Royal Hall, the elegant, spacious St. George Hotel is ideally situated for an enjoyable break for individuals, couples and families alike. This spacious Edwardian hotel is an ideal retreat for a weekend break.
As soon as you arrive at the hotel, you will immediately feel a sense of warmth and relaxation. After a stroll around Harrogate or a visit to one of many local attractions, relax and unwind in the extensive lounge area where you can enjoy afternoon tea or a light snack. Alternatively, why not indulge yourself in the hotel?s leisure club with an indoor heated pool, spa, steam room, sauna, gym, weights room and solarium. Beauty treatments are also available to hotel guests at a small charge. As evening approaches, enjoy a drink in the Terrace Bar before a sumptuous meal in the hotel's restaurant, offering an extensive menu and wine list. Limited on site parking is charged at £5 per car per day. Please contact the hotel to reserve a space.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/05/2012 to 29/05/2020 - Limited on site parking is charged at £5 per car per day. Please contact the hotel to reserve a space. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
62% would recommend it to a friend
Pleasant enough. No complaints at all. Wouldn't hesitate to return
Read mixed reviews of this hotel after I had booked it, and recent ones too, but my experience was a pleasant one and I didn't really see anything to complain about.
The room was basic but clean with a very nice en-suite. The staff were very pleasant. I can understand why people would say they could be more helpful, but I actually find staff can sometimes find that stifling and be left to it so I feel that is down to personal preference. I found them helpful enough. I paid £1.50 a day for breakfast included in my booking and was easily worth that and was nice enough. I unfortunately did not have time to try the leisure facilities provided at the hotel. The price was perhaps at the extreme end of its bracket in some ways, but not comparatively for the town, therefor it's hard to argue with it, and the hotel is very central which should also be taken into account. All in all my stay was pleasant enough and I have absolutely no complaints at all and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Nice Victorian hotel of character
Very spacious indeed.
More character than a modern hotel. Good breakfast. Very good location.