- Very Good
- 24 guest reviews
"It's hard to fault anything during our stay really. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Hotel in beautiful location, rooms lovely and clean. Breakfast..."
"A historic property set in woodlands, Spa and a championship golf course so plenty to do and explore. Stayed one night over Valentines weeke..."
"Clean, spacious room and we were given a free upgrade on arrival which was a nice bonus. Good breakfasts, freshly cooked to order and they w..."
"My Wife and I stayed for three nights for our anniversary the whole experience was fantastic, the setting, the spa and leisure facilities, t..."
"We had a lovely stay at the hotel. Spacious rooms with large comfy beds. Nice pool area and spa facilities. Good value for money - great if..."
About the hotel
The ultimate in luxury awaits you in the heart of Cheshire at the 4 star Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf and Spa. Set in 360 acres of breathtaking Cheshire countryside, this luxury hotel mixes traditional values with a contemporary design & comfort. Whether you're enjoying a spa weekend, leisure break, business trip or golf event, the Macdonald Portal Hotel provides the perfect setting.
All of our bedrooms have been stylishly designed with your comfort in mind. The elegant furnishings invite our guests unwind and our attention to detail, together with our 24 hour room service, ensures that your every need is catered for. For that “extra special” occasion why not book one of our feature rooms, with private balconies which provide that extra touch of luxury. Located at the heart of the hotel, the elegant Ranulf Restaurant gives you the opportunity to sample our 2 AA rosette winning menu, whilst our extensive wine list is sure to delight. With superb health and leisure facilities, including an 18 metre indoor pool, Techno Gym, luxurious Spa and 3 golf courses Macdonald Portal Hotel, Golf & Spa truly has it all!
Showing Wednesday 2 September 2015 to Thursday 3 September 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Golf 9 Hole, Golf 18 Hole, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 25/10/2018 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
It's hard to fault anything during our stay really.
We thoroughly enjoyed it. Hotel in beautiful location, rooms lovely and clean. Breakfast and evening meals were to an excellent standard.
Well Worth a Visit
A historic property set in woodlands, Spa and a championship golf course so plenty to do and explore.
Stayed one night over Valentines weekend as found a good deal on a B&B rate of £86. Super King bed very ooba comfortable. Husband a bit disappointed that there were no biscuits on the hospitality tray for a 4* hotel. If you are using the Spa make sure you pre book your treatments as on the day tried to book myself a 30 minute facial to relax and unwind but unfortunately 'no can do' on the day, then no availability on the Monday before leaving (:+(. We ate in the bar/lounge as only wanted a small meal but more than a sandwich or soup @ £7. For an AA rosette dining experience, thin French fries, ham and fried eggs wasn't gourmet and pretty much the basic level of pub grub. It should be more along the lines of Gastro pub food for the price and a much better presentation on the plate. Two small glasses of wine £14 and the meal set us back £40. Food and drink is very over priced so be warned. No complaints with staff very helpful, and friendly. Chatted to the bar supervisor James who was very knowledgeable about the history of the property and the changes that had been undertaken by the company. He should go far as enjoyed his work and importantly people. Breakfast was pretty much top notch with a buffet, stewed berries, cereals, croissants, yoghurts ham cheese choice of juices with a tasty hot cooked English breakfast to order did set us up for our return home. We would we go again most probably but only on a good deal rate. A one night stay with breakfast here can cost normally around £150 a night but sorry McDonalds we just wouldn't pay that.