- Very Good
- 61 guest reviews
"Old hotel, nice bar and rooms ok. Bus trip in so could not get into restaurant as it was full. Plenty of places to eat as hotel is right in..."
"Good hotel, very central, breakfast great, no complaints. Apart from car park needs better advertised, went round town twice and asked local..."
"Wonderful welcome, enjoyable evening. We only have two moans. First, door banging and it went on till 5am. Second, the breakfast at 9am look..."
"Good place, friendly staff...."
"We arrived early on the morning of the 17th April, the receptionist was so welcoming, took our bags and gave us a time that our room would b..."
About the hotel
Hotel Dates back to 1786, one of Stirling's First Hotels filled with old world charm in a friendly environment IN THE HEART of Historic Stirling, the Golden Lion Hotel has for more than two centuries welcomed guests, even the national bard, Rabbie Burns (plaque on wall by front door in acknowledgement of his stay) An ideal setting for leisure, business and special occasions, the family-owned Golden Lion provides traditional Scottish hospitality From the splendid buffet breakfast to the contemporary comforts of the 67 bedrooms and the timeless elegance of the stunning Regency Ballroom, this is a hotel with character as well as professional commitment. Close to magnificent Stirling Castle, and a short trip from the famous Monument to William Wallace, the Golden Lion makes an ideal base for the tourist. Practical advantages add to the appeal: the hotel’s city centre location - with free car parking - is only a few minutes drive from the national motorway network.
The principal bus and rail stations are within easy walking distance(5 mins)of the Golden Lion’s front door. There is an excellent choice of shops on the doorstep next to the Thistle indoor shopping Mall The Warmth of our Welcome Awaits You! Free WIFI available in all Public & Conference areas Before you connect to the M9 from the M80 heading North, cut off at Junction 9, then follow signs for the Town Centre just off Stirling Services. Heading South on the M9, exit at Junction 10 onto the A84 to Stirling. On reaching the town centre turn right at the train station and follow the road to your left onto Murray Place. Our car park entrance is on your right hand side. thru the cobbled No Entry Sign by the pedestrian area, Sat Nav FK8 1DQ Access to Hotel Car Park via Murray Place FK8 1DQ, you need to go thru the No Entry sign to enter the cobbled pedestrian area and we are first on the right hand side Attention! please NOTE -From 14th January 2016 the Hotel will be going thru a major refit to the Main Bar & Restaurant for a period of 6 weeks - alternative facilities will be available and operating as normal throughout this time with minimal disruption
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
Old hotel, nice bar and rooms ok.
Bus trip in so could not get into restaurant as it was full. Plenty of places to eat as hotel is right in the town centre.