- Very Good
- 48 guest reviews
"Even though we didn't spend much time in the hotel as we were only using it as a base to visit family, the staff were all friendly and hotel..."
"Great place, friendly staff..."
"excellent hotel all staff were very helpful and pleasant. only one slight complaint and that was we found the room a little small but otherw..."
"This hotel really is secluded. It was very quiet, apart from the birds singing and a few sheep. There are walks right on site where you can..."
"Nice place, super views, we had a great stay, despite the usual collection of chavs that form an unfortunate consequence of the hotel droppi..."
About the hotel
Nestled within a secluded valley high in the Cumbrian Fells, yet only minutes from the M6, The BEST WESTERN Shap Wells Hotel is a comfortable and traditional hotel offering high standards of service in a friendly and attentive atmosphere and is the perfect spot from which to explore the Lake District, Yorkshire Fells and Border Country. Arrival at the hotel begins with a mile long drive along a private road, with breathtaking and rugged scenery in every direction, sheep and cattle along the way, a pretty waterfall, and a trickling stream running by the front door. Whatever your ideal activity, be it long strenuous walks or gentle strolls, you will experience the peace and serenity of breaking free from the madding crowd and return to a warm welcome and comfortable surroundings.
For our business guests we offer a fully equipped business centre with 7 meeting rooms to accommodate from 8 to 180, in addition to our Birkbeck Restaurant, which is ideal for larger groups. With ample free parking, outstanding views and the space and tranquility that the rural surroundings provide, our guests return to us time after time.
Showing Sunday 5 July 2015 to Monday 6 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Table Tennis, Snooker/Billiards
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 20/02/2013 to 31/12/2022 - *Charge for dogs of £10.00 per dog per night * The LateRooms.com rates for Best Western Shap Wells Hotel in Penrith are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
Even though we didn't spend much time in the hotel as we were only using it as a base to visit family, the staff were all friendly and hotel room was nice and clean with plenty of space for our sons travel cot.
I'm not sure if the hotel would have provided one, it wasn't offered to us, but it wasn't a problem bringing our own. Breakfast was included and the food was lovely. The hotel is a bit of the beaten track so the road down to the hotel isn't great when driving in the dark, but that just adds to the quaintness of the hotel I suppose. Overall, great hotel for the price.
Great place, friendly staff