- 167 guest reviews
"The hotel was very modern tidy and clean. The room was a good size specious and bright. Overall we enjoyed our stay. The only down points we..."
"Bearing in mind that we paid £47 for the room for one night, although it was a little shabby the facilities were good. It showed that it use..."
"Hotel was as expected from a Britannia , was clean , staff friendly, car park spaces. The food on offer was terrible !!! It just was not of..."
"On arrival reception staff were pleasant and chatty. Our room was clean and spacious and what we wanted for our visit. We used the bar which..."
"Nice hotel, staff really friendly and accommodating. Easy access to bus/tram/train routes. Rooms lovely and quaint! Great value for money..."
About the hotel
The Britannia Edinburgh Hotel is situated on the banks of the Water of Leith in area of the city. Just a 10 minute walk to the Dean Gallery and Princes Street. Only a short drive from Edinburgh Haymarket Train Station and many of the city’s local attractions.
The hotel offers guest rooms with a light and airy feel and all modern facilities.
Showing Thursday 26 November 2015 to Friday 27 November 2015Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/03/2013 to 01/03/2023 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
51% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel was very modern tidy and clean.
The room was a good size specious and bright. Overall we enjoyed our stay. The only down points were lack of ventilation in the room , and the double bed which was actually made of two single beds stuck together .
Value for money
Bearing in mind that we paid £47 for the room for one night, although it was a little shabby the facilities were good.
It showed that it used to be a Travelodge, and although the decor and cleanliness were not up to those standards, there was good storage and had hairdryer and ironing facilities in the room (I dislike having to go and ask for those). The plumbing was a little 'musical' but that was just funny. Comfortable bed, quiet (we overlooked the road but it wasn't busy) reasonable parking (£5 for 24 hours) right by the Water of Leith, and just a stones throw from the Gallery of Modern Art. We didn't use the dining facilities as we don't like a big breakfast. It was tricky trying to get to the hotel without satnav - we could see where to go on the map but kept hitting one way streets. It was a bit of a walk into the city centre, but we didn't mind that at all. Would certainly use it again for a last minute cheap break.