- 12 guest reviews
"The location of the Hotel, view of the iconic Forth Rail bridge, large comfortable spotless clean room, warm welcoming staff and more than a..."
"We stayed just one night in South Queensferry and left very early the next morning - too early for breakfast. Really lovely girl who checked..."
"This hotel has pleasant rooms and dining areas located next to the iconic Firth of Forth bridge. However, there seems a genuine problem with..."
"Generally fine but with two issues, mildew in the shower cubicle and a very poor cooked breakfast which to my surprise was extra. microwaved..."
"staff were excellent from arrival till departure, location for us was great, room was massive with the best view in the hotel , a couple of..."
About the hotel
Few hotels in and around Edinburgh can match this lodge for its views or place in literary history. Many of its 14 cosy rooms look out over the iconic Forth Road Bridge and the Firth of the Forth estuary, and it’s said that legendary author Robert Louis Stevenson wrote part of his famous novel Kidnapped here – there’s even a mention of The Hawes Inn in the book. Just 10 miles from the city centre, the South Queensferry lodge is an ideal base for visiting Scotland’s historic capital, where you can explore Edinburgh Castle, the shops of the Royal Mile or the city’s many museums and restaurants.
Also perfect for golfers, it’s within striking distance of Carnoustie and St Andrew’s and close to the birthplace of golf at the East Neuk of Fife. The Tudor Gothic Dalmeny House and Georgian Hopetoun House are also well worth a visit.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
The bathroom was covered in mould.
There is a ventilation problem in the room that I stayed with my husband. The other room where my mum and dad stayed did not have mould. There wasn't any toiletries in any room, we needed to ask for shampoo and conditioner which they gave us just shower gel. We paid £99 and £104 per room and we were expecting at least some water to drink and toiletries. Very disappointed with the place.
Innkeeper's Lodge Edinburgh, South Queensferry
The location of the Hotel, view of the iconic Forth Rail bridge, large comfortable spotless clean room, warm welcoming staff and more than adequate breakfast all together ensured our brief visit was such a memorable one.
Thank you. Liz and Ewan Jones.