- Very Good
- 14 guest reviews
"staff were excellent from arrival till departure, location for us was great, room was massive with the best view in the hotel , a couple of..."
"Second time we have stayed here. Marvellous location including bagpipes on waking...."
"Great spot, the hotel was just what I wanted and the staff were friendly...."
"We loved this hotel 2 little minor points 1 - we waited 10 minutes to check in as the bar was busy another guest advised the barman that we..."
"Excellent hotel, staff great, especially girls, particularly Lee and Dorrita, in the restaurant. Food excellent, well worth upgrading to ful..."
About the hotel
Few hotels in and around Edinburgh can match this lodge for its views or place in literary history. Many of its 14 cosy rooms look out over the iconic Forth Road Bridge and the Firth of the Forth estuary, and it’s said that legendary author Robert Louis Stevenson wrote part of his famous novel Kidnapped here – there’s even a mention of The Hawes Inn in the book. Just 10 miles from the city centre, the South Queensferry lodge is an ideal base for visiting Scotland’s historic capital, where you can explore Edinburgh Castle, the shops of the Royal Mile or the city’s many museums and restaurants.
Also perfect for golfers, it’s within striking distance of Carnoustie and St Andrew’s and close to the birthplace of golf at the East Neuk of Fife. The Tudor Gothic Dalmeny House and Georgian Hopetoun House are also well worth a visit.
Showing Saturday 6 February 2016 to Sunday 7 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
100% would recommend it to a friend
nice relaxing break
staff were excellent from arrival till departure, location for us was great, room was massive with the best view in the hotel , a couple of cobwebs on the ceiling, but you would need a ladder and a very long hose on the hoover to reach them and they were a minor detail , room was lovely and warm and the trains did not cause any disturbance despite being so close to the railway bridge , you are 10 minutes from edinburgh without the hassle of parking in edinburgh, plenty parking behind the hotel , and the staff make your stay very enjoyable
Second time we have stayed here.
Marvellous location including bagpipes on waking.