- Very Good
- 9 guest reviews
"Overall our experience was very postitive, however there were some unfortunate incidents. The hotel itself is very beautiful and the bar exc..."
"This location was a surprise. I booked as it had off road car parking, but when I arrived it was a delight. The staff were great, very helpf..."
"The hotel is in lovely grounds but accessed through a housing estate. Which is unusual but not any issue. Once in the entrance all you see i..."
"Arrived Sunday evening, room we had booked wasn't prepared so we were put into another room only to be told on the last but one evening that..."
"Excellent hotel. To stay . Staff very friendly Small intimate hotel , food excellent rooms very high standard Beautifull surroundings . Cer..."
About the hotel
Small & Friendly - Accommodation with a personal touch. The picturesque charm of Bankton House Hotel is not easy to define. Set within its own grounds, linking directly to the foot paths and cycle routes of Murieston waters, the country settings can be easily enjoyed by its guests and visitors, While being close to the cities of Edinburgh & Glasgow only a 20 minute train ride away, makes this ideal lodgings, after a day in the hustle and bustle of the city, with the Livingston South railway link only a short 2 minute walk from the grounds.
As there are only 4 Large En-Suite Bedrooms in the main building, and three Off-Wing Cottage Rooms with shared bathroom, each are uniquely decorated and furnished, to a standard of luxury and comfort, which makes your room choice personal. This limited accommodation means that you are always thought of as a guest and not a room number, with a friendly personal atmosphere that creates a home from home feel. Room 1 - The French Suite Room 2 - The Executive/Bridal Suite Room 3 - The Orchid Suite Room 4 - The Beige Suite Rooms 6, 7, 8 - Off-Wing Cottage Double Rooms with Shared Family Sized Bathroom. Traditional home cooked Scottish breakfast can be enjoyed in the Morning Room.
- Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 25/03/2011 to 31/03/2020 - All Credit cards are accepted except American express. There maybe an additional surcharge on Credit Cards, please enquire when booking The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
two nights in the cottage
Overall our experience was very postitive, however there were some unfortunate incidents.
The hotel itself is very beautiful and the bar excellant in apperance, atmosphere and quality of food. However when booking a double room, it wasn't made clear that we would be in the cottage in the gardens which shares a bathroom with two other rooms. Although the bed was extremely comfortable and the room large, the walls were very thin and residing beside two elderly couples with hearing issues meant that you could hear every conversation. The doors squeaked and everytime someone went to the bathroom during the night (several occassions) this affected the quality of sleep and left us feeling very tired. Although the bathroom was very clean by the staff, and the shower lovely and powerful, some of the other occupants left the bathroom in a very wet condition during their trips for baths after midnight and before 6am. It would have been nicer to have had an additional toilet as the two other couples were residing together and coordinated, so we had to grab any opportunity that we could to use the facilities or walk back over to the hotel. The grounds of the hotel are very beautiful and there is plenty of parking available thats very secure.
We'd only stay here again if we were in the hotel itself - the value for money in the cottage was very poor.
This location was a surprise.
I booked as it had off road car parking, but when I arrived it was a delight. The staff were great, very helpful. room I was in was an outlying chalet, small, but perfectly adequate. Location was perfect. Met a Canadian couple who were equally enamoured.