- 16 guest reviews
"We stayed for a single night at this hotel, passing through to visit friends in the local area. We were very happy with the service and staf..."
"A great location within easy reach of Edinburgh and the Borders. Friendly staff, nice rooms, good food and highly recommended...."
"We know what to expect...."
"Bit dated.lovely staff and food.Very clean would defo go back..."
"The room was perfect Lovely staff Perfect Location More of a continental selection at breakfast would be good :)..."
About the hotel
We are a small family owned and managed hotel, promising a warm Scottish welcome. Here you can be assured that you will receive warm hospitality while enjoying a relaxed atmosphere. We have a comfortable and cosy restaurant where you can enjoy a wonderful freshly cooked meal beside our log fire in the colder months, and in the warmer months we have a wonderful large garden and outside eating area with a childrens play park .
Although we are situated by the main road the hotel has a very country feel so if your not keen on the hustle and bustle of the city, this is the place for you.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Wedding Licence
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Family friendly
- Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
44% would recommend it to a friend
Needs a clean
The hotel was ideally situated for our work in the area.
Its a lovely building but right on the main road and is busy all day/night, with heavy vehicles travelling at speed. The inside of the hotel is tired but that's ok, better than a brand new Premier Inn. The inside of the hotel is not clean, the carpets need vacuuming, the surfaces need dusting and someone needs to look under the bed from time to time. The mess is not Ok. On the up side the evening meal and breakfast were both excellent.
Won't be returning
From the photos and reviews I had good expectations for this place but was very disappointed.
The room was filthy. The bed sheets were covered in hair (short and long) the sheets smelled like b/o like they hadn't been changed. There was even empty shower gel bottles which were left in the bath open but not thrown out or changed. Everything very very dated. Tea spilled down the walls etc. Moved into a different room, not much better just very unclean. And no attention to detail.. sheets not tucked in, big holes in the curtains etc. Breakfast was lovely but service could have been with a smile?