- 30 guest reviews
"Lovely hotel in a lovely area. If you want modern 5* accommodation stay somewhere else. If you want nostalgia, warm pleasant rooms, great re..."
"Staff really friendly and helpful. Food was good and nice portions. Bar was reasonably priced. Hotel a bit isolated from shops and bus stops..."
"We shared a twin room/ the room is a little dated and could do with a touch of modernising. This said it was comfortable an functional. We a..."
"Hotel and fittings needing some attention. Service was good and the food basic but excellent. Walking around the grounds and into the villag..."
"Overall this is cheap and I think reasonable as long as you don't expect the Ritz. Basically a bit old fashioned and not necessarily in a go..."
About the hotel
We are a small family owned and managed hotel, promising a warm Scottish welcome. Here you can be assured that you will receive warm hospitality while enjoying a relaxed atmosphere. We have a comfortable and cosy restaurant where you can enjoy a wonderful freshly cooked meal beside our log fire in the colder months, and in the warmer months we have a wonderful large garden and outside eating area with a childrens play park .
Although we are situated by the main road the hotel has a very country feel so if your not keen on the hustle and bustle of the city, this is the place for you.
Showing Monday 30 March 2015 to Tuesday 31 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Family friendly
- Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Stair Arms Hotel in MIDLOTHIAN are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
67% would recommend it to a friend
A visit to the past
Lovely hotel in a lovely area.
If you want modern 5* accommodation stay somewhere else. If you want nostalgia, warm pleasant rooms, great restaurant and bar etc with "on tap" Old Speckled Hen then book here and stay an extra night. Family business and it shows. Breakfast also great.
You get what you pay for
This was the cheapest hotel I could find so value for money was great.
The decor was very tired windows and doors rattled due to the wind. There were no curtains only stained blinds which blew in the breeze from the windows. There was mold on the sealant at the base of the bath and on the shower screen. All this couldn't be be seen as bad due to the price. You get what you pay for.