- Very Good
- 15 guest reviews
"The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean with not much noise from outside. Good value for accommodation only a short w..."
"Room I had was adequate for the evening ! Breakfast was continental which I'm pretty sure it never stated on late rooms but was ok !! Recept..."
"Stayed for a weekend and enjoyed. Could not fault our time in the hotel. Staff can't do enough for you from the moment you arrive to the mom..."
"Nice hotel, friendly staff, rooms very clean and breakfast porridge excellent. Would stay again, if work takes me back to Edinburgh...."
"Accommodation clean and comfortable great to return to after a full day shopping on Princess Street - staff very helpful , continental break..."
About the hotel
Situated in the heart of the city centre, the Edinburgh Thistle Hotel is located in the prestigious, quiet and residential west end area of Edinburgh New Town. The hotel is central and near to Edinburgh Castle, the Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC) and of course the renowned Princes Street with its vast array of stylish shops and stores. Established in 1924, the hotel has retained most of its original period features, having once been a Georgian Town House.
During your stay, your accommodation will be in one of 11 en-suite rooms. All bedrooms are elegant, comfortable and spacious. If you are planning an event in Edinburgh and require a setting that is rich in Scottish character as well as meeting your specific business or personal needs, then the Edinburgh Thistle Hotel is the perfect city centre venue.
Showing Tuesday 1 December 2015 to Wednesday 2 December 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite , Airport Shuttle , Car Parking Available Offsite , Park and Ride
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
Very friendly staff
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The rooms were clean with not much noise from outside. Good value for accommodation only a short walk from the castle and other amenities. Only down side is the parking, it does advertise on site parking however you do need to book in advance as it's very limited and in the street, otherwise it's a metered parking with a max stay if 4 hrs however it is free between 18:30 and 08:30 except Sunday's. You need to be quick in the morning to beat the traffic warden with those tickets ... But overall a lovely stay and would stay again, thank you to all the staff at the thistle hotel.
Room I had was adequate for the evening .
Breakfast was continental which I'm pretty sure it never stated on late rooms but was ok !. Receptionist was lovely really helpful a credit to the hotel!!