- 47 guest reviews
"The hotel was just across a busy road from train station and situated in a very convenient location. Corridors around the hotel are quite ol..."
"I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, the hotel was clean , warm and the food was good. The staff in particular were especially nice, pleasant and..."
"Staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Was very impressed at the quality of my gluten free breakfast also...."
"I arrived after midnight. The accomodation was comfortable for sleep and the breakfast was good. Being accross the road from Waverley Statio..."
"Just across road from railway station. Able to leave luggage on arrival before booking in time. Also left luggage on booking out, to pick up..."
About the hotel
The Royal British – Princes Street is a friendly hotel designed to meet the needs of both business and leisure visitors to Edinburgh. Right in the heart of the city, situated in the well known and busy shopping area of Princes Street, the hotel is the perfect base for a stay in Scotland's capital. Many of the rooms in this majestic building have views across the city and its castle, which is particularly spectacular at night.
We now provide free limited guest wifi at a speed of 400kbits, this is a free to use service suitable for browsing the internet, face book, webmail etc. If a guest would like to pay for a more premium service this is available for £1. 00 per hour, £5. 00 per day and £10. 00 per week, at speeds up to 3072kbits that is capable of streaming on line media.
Showing Sunday 29 March 2015 to Monday 30 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 23/02/2015 to 31/03/2015 - Please Note: The hotel restaurant will be closed from 23rd February until 31st March 2015. Between this time, Continental Breakfast will be available at a price of £5.00 per person. The LateRooms.com rates for Royal British - Princes Street in Edinburgh are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
77% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel was just across a busy road from train station and situated in a very convenient location.
Corridors around the hotel are quite old and require updating. The bar and restaurant is lovely and attractive. Floors in rooms creak and make quite a bit of noise when moving around but rooms are very clean and we'll stocked. My stay was a pleasant one in a nice comfortable bed and I will book again.
An OK place to stay
I have stayed at this hotel on quite a few occasions and, over the years, have seen parts improved and modernised.
Still some work to do however. Reception staff are friendly and helpful. There is lift access to most of the floors/rooms. My room, on this occasion, was 109 and is still to be modernised. It was, however, comfortable and adequately furnished. One down point was the incessant thump of the music from the bar area below. If you want quieter, I suggest you ask for a room higher up the building. This hotel is central, very convenient for transport links, sightseeing, shopping. Numerous places to eat within easy walking distance.