- Very Good
- 15 guest reviews
"It was good and spacious room...."
"Visit to Edinburgh for Tattoo, centre hotels quite expensive at this time of year but so happy we picked The Salisbury. Lovely building, in..."
"My wife and I were just visiting for a day and were made very welcome. The free car park, quality breakfast and lovely garden made it a grea..."
"Great room, wonderful bed. Kettle didn't work and no breakfast until 8am...."
"The hotel was absolutely brilliant. Very kind and friendly staff. Extremely helpful. Hotel was beautiful. Short walk to the city centre. Cou..."
About the hotel
The Salisbury Hotel is a luxury contemporary styled georgian townhouse hotel in the cosmopolitan Southside and close to the Old Town, Royal Mile, Edinburgh Castle and Edinburgh University. A range of room types are available from single, double, superior doubles and twins, family and four poster. Ground floor rooms are available, whilst many have lovely views to the magnificent walled gardens.
All guestrooms feature crisp white linen, fluffy towels, plasma-televisions, iPod docking stations, hairdryers and welcome trays. There is private parking and the Salisbury is easily accessible by car from all the main routes in the City and is located just 1. 5 miles from Waverley Train Station; the main bus route is a mere 2 minutes walk from the Salisbury making it convenient to get around the entire city. Gabbro restaurant is located at garden level with direct access to the beautiful walled gardens - featuring an excellent array of dishes and always featuring local and Scottish produce - popular with locals and very family friendly. There are many interesting shops and bars and the Queens Hall and Festival Theatre are 10 minutes away. Guests can enjoy the lounge area to relax in after a day exploring the City or to retire to after the children are sleeping in bed. A hearty breakfast can be enjoyed in the Breakfast Room after a good night’s rest - a full choice of juices, fruits, cereals, cheeses, as well as a Full Scottish Grill, French toast with grilled bacon and passion fruit syrup or poached eggs with watercress and Hollandaise. Most importantly, a warm Scottish friendly welcome awaits you at the Salisbury where you can expect the highest levels of service and comfort. Relax and enjoy the comfort and elegant ambiance of this beautiful Georgian townhouse hotel —the ideal base for you to explore the vibrant Edinburgh city.
- Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Childrens Facilities - Outdoor , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 06/01/2015 to 30/01/2020 - Free parking & Wi Fi - Great onsite restaurant, & breakfast is served at an extra cost Guests must present a Credit card and ID on Check in. If arriving after 11pm there will be a late arrival fee The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
It was good and spacious room.
Visit to Edinburgh for Tattoo, centre hotels quite expensive at this time of year but so happy we picked The Salisbury.
Lovely building, in quiet street and very comfortable and clean and staff very, very friendly and helpful. Mark organised a taxi for us to go back into town which was so helpful as overall stay we walked 3 times back and forth!. Good peaceful sleep as overlooking rear garden. We chose to eat at Cassis Restaurant which was in the basement of the building and accessed from spiral stair in Hotel and discounted meal as we were residents. Meal lovely and service very good.