- Very Good
- 22 guest reviews
"We decided to stay somewhere special near Edinburgh and we were not disappointed. We stayed in room 4 which was located in the big tower. We..."
"Stayed one night with my girlfriend, castle was beautiful and well maintained, staff very friendly and helpful, would highly recommend it...."
"Incredibly pleasant stay. Staff interested in the hotel and the visitors! Highly recommend and would definitely stay there again...."
"Fabolous castle with big lands. The furniture are old and sometimes a bit thread-bare, but feels genuine. Food was alright, but we kind of e..."
"We couldn't fault the attentive and friendly staff, and the food in the orangery was reasonably priced but delivered on quality. The only i..."
About the hotel
Set within acres of wooded parkland on the banks of the River Esk, this magnificent 13th Century Fortress offers luxurious accommodation, award-winning fine dining, country pursuits and spa and leisure facilities. An astonishing venue of unique character, it has been sympathetically transformed into a luxurious Hotel. With woven tapestries, historical armour and original masonry, it retains the charm and elegance of its vibrant heritage.
Decorated in rich fabrics and period furniture, each of beautiful en-suite bedrooms has a warm and luxurious feel. Descend the ancient stairway into the atmospheric Dungeon Restaurant and enjoy 2 AA Rosette awarded fine dining. Alternatively, with its sweeping views over the South Esk River, the Orangery offers a more informal experience. The spa provides a range of treatments as well as hydro facilities including a massaging jet pool, sauna and steam pool. There are also opportunities for archery, clay-pigeon shooting and even falconry within the grounds. The Hotel is just a short distance from the A7 and 20 minutes from Edinburgh.
Showing Sunday 24 May 2015 to Monday 25 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi, Fishing, Clay Pigeon Shooting
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 18/02/2015 to 31/12/2015 - Please Note - A deposit of 50 percent of the booking amount is required at time of booking. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
We decided to stay somewhere special near Edinburgh and we were not disappointed.
We stayed in room 4 which was located in the big tower. We cannot fault the accommodation it certainly had that feel of days gone by, which was what we was looking for. I would very highly recommend a stay at Dalhousie Castle!
1 night stay at dalhousie castle
Stayed one night with my girlfriend, castle was beautiful and well maintained, staff very friendly and helpful, would highly recommend it.