- Very Good
- 21 guest reviews
"This was very much a last minute booking as suffering from jet lag and couldn't face a long drive home. The hotel is easily accessible from..."
"If you are planning to meet in the hotel "lobby" area be wary of a "sundry charge" I regularly meet people in hotels as do thousands of othe..."
"The staff are exceptional and the style is inspiring if a little tired. Couldn't wish for a better start or finish to a holiday. For a short..."
"My fiancé and I stayed one night before going onto Sussex the next day. The weather was lovely, which made the hotel look very beautiful and..."
"Staff very helpful and friendly, after arriving late did have to find someone to book us in. Bedroom had all needed .. comfortable bed and e..."
About the hotel
The Stanhill Court Hotel is set in 35 acres of woodland yet is only 10 minutes’ from Gatwick Airport. This country-manor house offers an award-winning restaurant, free Wi-Fi and free parking. Awarded Most Romantic Hotel by the AA, Stanhill Court features individually furnished bedrooms, many of which have 4-poster beds.
Rooms include satellite TVs and there is a room service menu available. The hotel is built in Scottish Baronial-style and has elaborate carvings throughout the hall, open fires, a minstrel's gallery and a barrel roof with original stained glass windows. Restaurant 1881 has 2 AA Rosettes and offers fine international cuisine. Choose from 200 wines to accompany your meal. Beautiful countryside surrounds the hotel where wildlife, including deer, sheep and cows, roam free. The hotel is not under any flightpaths. Taxi service to Gatwick Airport is available with a local Taxi company. Please enquire at the hotel for more information and rates
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
This was very much a last minute booking as suffering from jet lag and couldn't face a long drive home.
The hotel is easily accessible from Gatwick yet set in lovely countryside that you hardly notice the aircraft. I booked a single room expecting it to be small but was pleasantly surprised to have a four poster bed and overlooking the countryside. The bed was very comfortable with lovely views and nice touches such as magazines in the room.
unexpected charges for using lobby space
If you are planning to meet in the hotel "lobby" area be wary of a "sundry charge" I regularly meet people in hotels as do thousands of other people but this is the first time a charge has been put on to my bill for doing so and to make matters worse I wasn't warned.
I had ordered drinks and other staff had ample opportunity to let me know. Admittedly the seating area is small however when I was presented with my bill there was this sundry charge on it I was told it was because as we had used the seating area other guests in the hotel (including those at meetings in the pre-booked meeting rooms) were not able to sit there or use it as a break out area. Then to make matters worse the hotel had also mistakenly charged another guest's restaurant bill to my account despite there not being an accompanying slip to support the charge. The charge for the other restaurant bill was eventually removed after some deliberation but the "use of the sofas" charge was not. Having never experienced this before I was too shocked and surprised to argue.
A very nice hotel and lovely food just a word of warning to expect a charge for using their sofas in the lobby area or as I will do in future, meet somewhere else first!