- Very Good
- 41 guest reviews
"This was very much a last minute booking as suffering from jet lag and couldn't face a long drive home. The hotel is easily accessible from..."
"If you are planning to meet in the hotel "lobby" area be wary of a "sundry charge" I regularly meet people in hotels as do thousands of othe..."
"The staff are exceptional and the style is inspiring if a little tired. Couldn't wish for a better start or finish to a holiday. For a short..."
"My fiancé and I stayed one night before going onto Sussex the next day. The weather was lovely, which made the hotel look very beautiful and..."
"Staff very helpful and friendly, after arriving late did have to find someone to book us in. Bedroom had all needed .. comfortable bed and e..."
About the hotel
With Free Wi-Fi and 10 minutes from Gatwick Airport, Stanhill Court offers an 2 rosette Award Winning Restaurant, Four Poster rooms and twenty miles of uninterrupted views. Spoil yourself to a stay in a four poster room and get breakfast in bed (pre ordered and subject to room service charge). Free parking is available with stay, charges apply here after.
Set in 35 acres including ancient woodland and featuring many four poster bedrooms, it is no surprise that Stanhill Court Hotel was awarded "Most Romantic Hotel" by the AA along with many other accolades, including two AA Rosettes for Restaurant 1881. The hotel also features individually furnished bedrooms. Built in the Scottish Baronial style, the barrel roof reaches a height of fifty feet and is surrounded by a minstrel's gallery, grand staircase and original stained glass windows leading into the main hall - this type of architecture is not often seen nowadays and many find it a joy to behold. The added benefit in winter is the additional warm welcome of the open fire. The building is an architectural delight with so many original features, including a carved wooden staircase and ornate ceilings with pitch pine throughout the main hall. Instead of noisy airport flight paths you can enjoy verdant countryside with free roaming wildlife, including deer and grazing sheep and cows. The Hotel offers an exclusive Shuttle Service to Gatwick Airport via a local Taxi company. Please enquire at the hotel for more information.
Showing Thursday 8 October 2015 to Friday 9 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
This was very much a last minute booking as suffering from jet lag and couldn't face a long drive home.
The hotel is easily accessible from Gatwick yet set in lovely countryside that you hardly notice the aircraft. I booked a single room expecting it to be small but was pleasantly surprised to have a four poster bed and overlooking the countryside. The bed was very comfortable with lovely views and nice touches such as magazines in the room.
unexpected charges for using lobby space
If you are planning to meet in the hotel "lobby" area be wary of a "sundry charge" I regularly meet people in hotels as do thousands of other people but this is the first time a charge has been put on to my bill for doing so and to make matters worse I wasn't warned.
I had ordered drinks and other staff had ample opportunity to let me know. Admittedly the seating area is small however when I was presented with my bill there was this sundry charge on it I was told it was because as we had used the seating area other guests in the hotel (including those at meetings in the pre-booked meeting rooms) were not able to sit there or use it as a break out area. Then to make matters worse the hotel had also mistakenly charged another guest's restaurant bill to my account despite there not being an accompanying slip to support the charge. The charge for the other restaurant bill was eventually removed after some deliberation but the "use of the sofas" charge was not. Having never experienced this before I was too shocked and surprised to argue.
A very nice hotel and lovely food just a word of warning to expect a charge for using their sofas in the lobby area or as I will do in future, meet somewhere else first!