- Very Good
- 107 guest reviews
"A magnificent mansion with a grand staircase and period decoration, set in parkland; our room was a good size and comfortable. There was no..."
"Only discomfort was no air conditioning window only opened 4 inches and was secured with a wire. winter time would have been ok probably eve..."
"The décor looks a little tired and needs a make-over. My single room with a single bed was just about ok but I will not be staying there aga..."
"Wonderful stay, staff brilliant, our room amazing, beautiful view. Didn't get check in till 4oclock due to staff being very busy. also waite..."
"The hotel was easy to find. It was clean and tidy and the staff were friendly and welcoming. The food we had was very good. Breakfast in par..."
About the hotel
Set in 55 acres of Hertfordshire woodland, Theobalds Park is a magnificent Georgian Mansion House situated just 3/4 mile from junction 25 of the M25. All 140 bedrooms are en-suite, spacious and well appointed. During your stay you can also enjoy a complimentary internet cafe which includes free internet use and a delightful range of complimentary teas and coffees.
Complimentary Wi Fi is available in all bedrooms and public areas
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
De Vere Venues Theobalds Park
A magnificent mansion with a grand staircase and period decoration, set in parkland; our room was a good size and comfortable.
There was no lift to the floor, however, which wasn't a problem for us. Staff very pleasant and helpful.
I expected to stay in a manor hotel and was very disappointed to find when we arrived the room was in a modern extension at the back (very corporate and no character).
The restaurant was more like a school canteen and on the Sunday we went down to breakfast at around 10.30am, we were not impressed to to be asked to leave 35 minutes later. We were told this was to set up for lunch but I guess this was so the staff could eat their breakfast as fresh food was being brought out at 11.05am. Service was poor and slow the bar meal we ordered the previous lunchtime on arrival was poor and arrived one hour after it was ordered. The room was clean and a good size but the beds were very hard and uncomfortable. The room was also very hot, so neither of us slept very well and didn't enjoy our stay and were very tired the next day.