- Very Good
- 39 guest reviews
"Great staff, great room, great bar. Fantastic chef/restaurant. I cannot recommend the George hotel enough. We stayed in several pubs on our..."
"Comfortable bed, large room,enormous bathroom. Food was excellent, both at breakfast and the one time we had an evening meal there with frie..."
"Had a wonderful time in this beautiful village Inn. We received a very warm welcome and were given an unsolicited upgrade to our very own li..."
"Stayed for one night, staff friendly, good food. A little tired but for the money great value..."
"The George is a lovely old coaching inn with lots of character. Our room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The main issue we had was t..."
About the hotel
The George Hotel is situated in the charming village of Dorchester on Thames and is part of the RelaxInnz prestige collection. Dating back to the 15th century, this is one of Britain’s oldest coaching inns, it is rich in historical character and charm complete with oak beams and inglenook fireplaces. The ensuite bedrooms are individually & tastefully decorated and include a TV, free Wi-Fi access, tea & coffee making facilities and most have period features.
Guests can enjoy fine British cuisine and traditional Sunday lunches in the intimate surroundings of the restaurant or relax with a quiet drink in the leafy gardens. Surrounded by scenic river walks and countryside, The George Hotel is a 20-minute drive from Oxford’s historical centre. Henley-on-Thames is a 25-minute drive away while Birmingham and London Heathrow arirports are less than an hour away.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 16/02/2012 to 25/02/2021 - Cards used to guarantee reservations only. Full payment will be charged upon arrival The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
82% would recommend it to a friend
Great staff, great room, great bar.
Fantastic chef/restaurant. I cannot recommend the George hotel enough. We stayed in several pubs on our June 2016 vacation, the George outshone everywhere else.
Hotel with character.
Comfortable bed, large room,enormous bathroom.
Food was excellent, both at breakfast and the one time we had an evening meal there with friends. In a beautiful village and very convenient for visiting friends in Abingdon and Didcot. Although the room and shower cubicle could have been cleaner (shower doors and cobwebs on light fittings) we would go back again. The hotel seems to be going through a refurbishment period.