- Very Good
- 47 guest reviews
"A splendid hotel...."
"Fantastic hotel and great value for money. Excellent service!..."
"My girlfriend and I took a recent trip to London and stayed at the Montcalm in the city hotel. The hotel had an extremely good offer on at t..."
"Really lovely hotel, definitely intend to stay again..."
"An excellent find on late rooms we had a lovely stay. The staff are very welcoming and helpful and our room was clean and adequate for a nig..."
About the hotel
Sleek, chic and contemporary, The Montcalm London City presents a completely new experience in the heart of The Barbican, London City. The hotel accents luxurious comfort and offers a superb choice of lavish accommodation, whilst preserving heritage values. The bedrooms are tastefully designed with stylish en-suite bathrooms complete with rain showers and accented with luxury toiletries.
Up-to-the-minute technology for communication and entertainment includes high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, Telephone with voicemail, ipod docking station plus a selection of 40 international satellite television channels. Our Luxury suites are characterised by a loving attention to detail to make your stay an experience you'll always remember. We offer state-of-the art SPA with a range of treatments and beauty services to compliment your experience. The Saint Pauls Tavern and Brasserie offers exceptional cuisine where you can enjoy mouth-watering dishes in a stylish ambience. The King's Head Gastro Pub features a classic yet modern style in a truly relaxing atmosphere. Featuring Heritage ales and a modern wine selection, our stylish destination pub is the perfect place for both the city business person and the Hotel guest to relax with their favourite drink and enjoy a selection of savoury delights. Quintessentially English Afternoon Tea is available throughout our lounges where you can enjoy specialty teas, herbal infusions and a selection of scrumptious pastries.
Showing Sunday 29 March 2015 to Monday 30 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 01/08/2014 to 31/12/2020 - Please note that all guests checking – in must provide valid ID. Guest booking Advance Purchase/ Non Refundable offer must present the same card at the time of Check-In The LateRooms.com rates for The Montcalm London City in LONDON are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
A downhill experience after walking through the entrance!
Had my room preferences checked out before arrival which was a nice touch.
However, upon arrival I HAD to present the credit card used for prepaid booking. No budging here which is pretty inconvenient, just referred back to the small print on the website. Then taken on a hike to my room via 2 lifts and an up and down corridor, all pretty confusing. Shown an exit that avoids the trek but not informed you can't reenter that way. Another hike and eventually work out you can get back in (u challenge!) through the gastro pub. I'd feel safer if the lift had to be enabled via a room key,
After phoning reception to find the light switch to extinguish the coffee making light, hit the very comfy bed and pillow menu chosen pillows, am then awoken at 6am with the bathroom plumbing making loud glugging noises for about 5 mins. Reception not well trained to deal with feedback, clearly expecting a smiling everything was lovely answer to how I felt about my stay. Had a follow up email apologising which is fine, but no response to the check i comments.
Will I stay again. Not too sure which is a shame as well located and nice room.
In the city
A splendid hotel.