- 71 guest reviews
"The hotel is a little run down (the illuminated hotel sign outside only partly working is indicative of what's inside) but it's clean, the s..."
"Lovely staff, simple but clean room, and great location for the theatre which is where we were headed...."
"Found my experience at the hotel a very Nice one Nice clean hotel value for money will be back soon :)..."
About the hotel
This stunning Victorian building is situated right in the centre of town with Wolverhampton University, adjacent to the train station and close to the Mander Shopping Centre close by. The Grand Theatre is located next door. All 117 bedrooms are en-suite and are attractively decorated and furnished with TV, Telephone, Hairdryer and Tea and Coffee making facilities.
Jenny’s restaurant is spacious and bright that offers a fine range of culinary delights from a la carte to lighter meals. The wave bar is a great meeting place, before and after a visit to the theatre or a hard day shopping. A wide range of fine wines and non-alcoholic beverages are available. With six conference rooms, the hotel offers first class facilities for any business meeting or social event. Rooms hold up to 250 people. WIFI is free to all guests and is available in all public areas of the hotel.
Showing Wednesday 7 October 2015 to Thursday 8 October 2015Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/03/2010 to 01/03/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
54% would recommend it to a friend
Their was a party going on in a banquetting room very near my room.
Music lasted until midnight.
Nice building and reception but poor rooms and non-existent customer service
An acceptable check-in quickly turned into a very poor hotel experience.
The room was very small, the bed was very small and the wallpaper was torn and unpainted in parts. The water took time to warm up, and the room was very cold. When I asked about the heating, I was told it was on a timer and would come on at 7pm. It didn't come on at 7pm. I was then told it would come on at 8pm and would only be on for 2 hours!!?. I went out, so probably missed the little spurt of heat. LOL. Wasn't prepared to risk the food in view of everything else. To make matters worse there was loud dance/club music blaring until 4am - even loud where I was at the rear of the Hotel. There was also a strange, loud siren sound in the room around 9am. I guess this was a get up & get out signal... but it would have been nice to have been forewarned. Somebody with a weak heart could have a heart attack or panic attack, so potentially dangerous too.
All in all a very poor, never to be repeated experience. Cheap'ish, but still poor value and in no way, shape or form could this hotel be recommended.